Quarterback Quandry

Johnny Hammersticks

So, with Julio Jones out for the season, Steven Jackson's availability still very much in the air, and an ailing Roddy White is Matt Ryan still a starting caliber QB? I have Tony Romo as my back-up, and he has been so up and down this season, I wonder if I should make a move for a QB.

Some free-agent options include Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton, Terrell Pryor, Carson Palmer, and Joe Flacco. Also, I do have some ammunition (if necessary) to pull off a trade. Although, I'm not willing to mortgage the farm.

What does everyone think? Should I ride out the season the Matt Ryan in hopes that his offensive weapons can pull it together? Should I lean more on the "fantasy schizophrenic" Tony Romo from week to week? Should I try to pick up one of those free-agent QB's to carry me through the rest of the season? Should I attempt to make a trade?

Help!?!?

I would not bother seeking out a trade unless you've got embarrassing depth elsewhere. You're lucky to have Romo as a back-up and Kaepernick on the wire (WTF?). I'd probably just play the matchups with those two and drop Ryan.

Honestly before last year Ryan and Romo were considered very close and Ryan's #'s last year were so much of an outlier for his career...now he's missing his 2 studs...

Romo > Ryan for the rest of the year is not even close imo.

Some free-agent options include Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton, Terrell Pryor, Carson Palmer, and Joe Flacco.

Romo is head and shoulders better than that dreck. He's a top 5 QB this year and has been very consistent this season. I'd be starting him over Ryan anyway.

I would not bother seeking out a trade unless you've got embarrassing depth elsewhere. You're lucky to have Romo as a back-up and Kaepernick on the wire (WTF?). I'd probably just play the matchups with those two and drop Ryan.

Honestly before last year Ryan and Romo were considered very close and Ryan's #'s last year were so much of an outlier for his career...now he's missing his 2 studs...

Romo > Ryan for the rest of the year is not even close imo.

This is pretty much what I think as well. Romo against Phili this week is much better than the other options. I don't think you're going to do much better than him for a QB1 without giving up a lot.

I suppose I am personally biased because every time I have started Romo (I have had him in previous years), he has a schitt the bed. He is working with a lot of weapons, however, and I think the emergence of the rookie WR Williams is really helping. My reservations also stem from the fact that the Cowboys have no running game.

I am thinking that I will roll with Romo and see what happens with Ryan. When Jackson returns, and if white gets healthy and Douglas contributes, he could return to QB1 form.

Dude seriously, why bother asking for advice? If you want to roll with Ryan then go for it. It's your team. Maybe Harry Douglas - who was barely competent in a supporting role - will continue his 1week Dez Bryant impersonation against #1 CB's.

I'd still bet on Romo + replacement level bye week guy outscoring him in weeks 7-16 even with the 14pt deficit.

Dude seriously, why bother asking for advice? If you want to roll with Ryan then go for it. It's your team. Maybe Harry Douglas - who was barely competent in a supporting role - will continue his 1week Dez Bryant impersonation against #1 CB's.

I'd still bet on Romo + replacement level bye week guy outscoring him in weeks 7-16 even with the 14pt deficit.

Dude seriously, I was just pointing out the crap-shoot that is fantasy football. I ask for advice on here just to hear other people's perspectives....maybe something I missed or wasn't thinking about. I started Romo last week because I wanted to start him, and I certainly didn't expect Matt Ryan to have the day he did. Wasn't complaining about anyone's advice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.