(OT) No Bills, No Sopranos & No Sabres

Justice

Try my beloved Cleveland Indians.  The Tribe hasn't won a title since 1948, and they have come agonizingly close in recent years (read:  1997).  Just like the Bills.

They have a young, up-and-coming team that's really a lot of fun to watch.  Again, just like the Bills...

If not baseball, get the first three seasons of "Seinfeld" on DVD, and watch them over & over again...including the deleted scenes and extras.  That should pass the time during the long, cold winter.

Mike

208550[/snapback]

Glad to see there are some other died in the wool tribe fans on the board. They've been my team since the 50s, when all their games were broadcast in Buffalo (listened to every game in '54). I try to get to games at the Jake if at all possible (when I'm in the area).

You are right, the tribe is looking interesting. They may surprise, despite "The Curse of Larry Dolan."

...I'm from Buffalo...

...what else is there to watch...

208393[/snapback]

WATCH you taxes keep rising.

WATCH the jobs continue to leave WNY.

WATCH your politicians fart around with another Peace Bridge design.

WATCH your politicians fart around with another Waterfront redevelopment.

WATCH another politician tell you that their "new ideas" will bring jobs to WNY.

WATCH your County Executive hire more of his cronies to put on the governement payroll.

I thought it was The Curse of Rocky Colavito?

(another good book by Terry Pluto)

209035[/snapback]

This is the new curse, not yet in book form (hopefully it won't play out like Colavito's did). Larry Dolan wanted to join the big boy MLB owners club. So he bought the Indians but immediately started dismantling that great team from the late nineties. He did it by refusing to spend the money it would take to retain free agents such as Manny Ramiriez and Jim Thome, and by trading away guys like Bartolo Colon, Brian Giles, Sean Casey, and Richie Sexson, primarily for kids.

Some will say that the stock market went south shortly after Dolan purchased the team. Tough. Either play the game or get out of the business. Dolan is started to spend a bit. He's lucky he has a good, solid GM.