Does anyone have the # of yards allowed by Rogers

bills44

Absolutely not! The first one to Hill...Hill made the play. The dude almost had to completely stop to catch it, it was a blown coverage by Rogers and Searcy...so badly that even a horribly thrown ball, that had interception by mostt every DB in the league, all over it. Same with the one to Holmes, albeit a better throw, Rogers over ran the receiver, never turned his head, a la Mckelvin of years past...again, most #1 or 2 CB make that play.

For all the troubling realizations that surfaced in this game, Rogers single handedly lost that game for the Bills. Even in the ugly ones, such as yesterdays stinker, a guy like that stands out in all the wrong ways.

I seem to remember on one of them, Kyle Williams was coming free and Geno stood made the throw and took a decent shot from KW.

Seems like Pettine forget some of Rex's teachings, when you have guys who cant cover make sure you dont have to cover for very long.

Edited by billsfan714

Best current available free agent cornerbacks, according to http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-defense

Cornerback

Ronald Bartell

Shawntae Spencer

Sheldon Brown

Joselio Hanson

Jason Allen

Terrence McGee

Drew Coleman

Cedric Griffin

Nate Clements

Stanford Routt

Elbert Mack

Marcus Trufant

Jacob Lacey

Chris Johnson

Will Allen

Jalil Brown

Patrick Lee

Antwaun Molden

Ryan Mouton

Kennard Cox

Michael Coe

Justin Tryon

Brandon McDonald (suspended one more week)

Justin King

LeQuan Lewis

Kevin Barnes

Bruce Johnson

Travis Daniels

William Middleton

Coye Francies

Brian Witherspoon

Myron Lewis

Bryan McCann

Terrence Johnson

DeQuan Menzie (S)

Ras-I Dowling

DeMarcus Van Dyke

I just can't put the blame all on the players like Rogers & Brown. They don't have the talent or the ability required to be a successful NFL player. If they were lazy and not trying their best I would fault them. (Thinking of a player like D'Rick). But it does not appear to be the case with either, they are simply over their heads with their level of talent and ability, not a lack of drive or effort.

I do put the blame where it belongs, the front office and to a lesser degree the coaches. It is up to the front office to assemble a team of at least passable professional NFL players. And it is up to the coaches to either get enough out of the players to make them passable professional NFL players, or inform the front office that they are not capable of being a NFL Pro and convince the FO to get them a replacement to try to work with. The failure of the FO is not because they are limited by cap space, the limits are self inflicted. Yes, there may not be long term solutions out there, but there are passable (not great)players out there that are at least better than what we have now.

Buffalo fans are gullible enough to keep accepting excuses and accepting yet another term of rebuilding, to the point we are now the team that holds all the present NFL records for futility, so there is little pressure on the FO to at least achieve a team composed of a minimal level of competency at all positions.

I no longer accept the promise of next year and having to write off yet another current season.We deserve at a minimum, a competent team on the field each and every game, even if we have no chance of the SB or playoffs. The FO is not giving us even the minimum.

Edited by simpleman