Chef, an article especially for your enjoyment

The Poojer

Thanks Pooj. I'm not sure why you'd think that I would not agree with it because it was fantastic. Strange too because as I read it I could relate. Now you have to understand that I only played in R&R bands through the ages of 14-18 but have continued to play at home. But the band I played in when I was young the drums where not considered there to keep the beat, but to create it and change it. When to go from a 3/4 to a 4/4 during a long bluesy jam, all eyes were on me. I was thinking about how we started with two drummers (we played a lot of Allman Bros) while I was reading that article before they even mentioned the ABB. We "fired" the other drummer because we didn't need him. At the time I had no idea what we had or how good we were (well I kind of did but at 14 or 15 having grown up with bubble gum music I wasn't too sure). I go back to visit WNY all the time and 35 plus years later I have people still say "you guys were good!" Oh well a missed opportunity but had we made it I'd probably be six feet under like the great Keith Moon.