Bears Bostic fined for hit

I don't agree. That is the exact kind of hit that the NFL is trying to get away from. If he kept his head up I would agree. He put his head down, lead with the crown of his helmet.

It looked great at full speed, and I didn't think at the time it should be a flag. I even said that earlier. But when youwatch it again, slow...... Well.....crown

I'm tired of typing crown.

i understand fully. was one of the first and only in the thread to acknowledge it was even a close play. on the scale of illegal hits i think its pretty close to the edge both on the actual hit, as well as judgement of the receiver still being defenseless. i guess what im saying is if its not blatant, i dont mind if its unflagged and even a reduced fine since the guy isnt making huge money.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They only care about launching when the hit is high. This is a bad fine as it was properly targeted. Like Lonnie Johnson, this was a ball carrier looking in a direction other than the one in which he was running.

As I said upthread, my opinion is that Bostic led with the crown of his helmet and that his helmet contacted Willie's.

That said, the above is a good point in that the receiver showed bad awareness and bad protective instincts. He was so focused on the ball that he wasn't aware of the defender who was within his field of view.

Still though, that is not pertinent to whether the hit deserved a fine or not.