Astro-Notes: July 31 Practice

What did you see in regards to Brown and Legursky at LG? At the post practice press conference Marrone basically threw both of them under the bus.

Good think they don't have Levitre anymore. :(

Glad we spent Levitre's money on limp-wrist-gimp-foot :thumbdown:

if it wasn't for Wanstoodge's and his "back the past, blitzes are all figured out defense" we wouldn't have went after him.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I particularly would like to know if Elliott had the team's permission to injure himself, as well as the name of who was driving the cart that took him off the field. Was he licensed?

Way too funny in the morning: there's coffee all over my screen.

The reports on Woods are interesting.. cuz the quotes/reviews are always positive, that he loks so good with routes/hands, etc. Yet when it comes to plays, all I read about are drops, going back to OTA's and Spring camp. Almost no catches mentioned ever. Huh.

I AM worried about Hairston. I know he didn't perform great, but if he could at least be average. Our O-line is not as good as some think. Pears was terrible the last 2 years after his first couple games. First impressions I guess. Urbik is average. Wood always a durability concern. Glenn looks decent but started getting beat late in the year. Levitre was most reliable and now replaced by 2 schmoes. We can't afford a liability like Pears again. Hairston has potential to be better than him. Wonder what the timetable is? Seems like his injury, don't even remember it, was forever ago.

Edited by Brainiac21

Too often they'd see coaches stop the plays as they happen because someone stepped wrong, or went in the wrong gap. They said that coaching in between plays can take away enough time to run 2 or 3 more plays.

Okay, this is NOT a smartass question:

If they aren't stopping the flow to fix the problems when they happen, when do they fix them? It just seems that something needs to be done immediately for any effective fix to happen.

kj

Awesome stuff, thanks again Astro. But nothing about EJ?

Chandler had a scheduled day off today. I'm more concerned about Elliott...sounds like he was having a great camp to this point. (But not that concerned.)

I am impressed with EJ's ability to take off and run when the D has all bases covered, which is more frequently the case since last year. I would grade Kolb at C- but serviceable if the O-Line holds up, and I would give EJ an incomplete until they throw the kitchen sink at him.

listening to SIrius they could not get over the speed and how important it was. That even 2nd and 3rd teamers got time in 11-11 drills. They said that most coaches do not use this time properly and they were very happy to see that the guys could go at it to get again and again.

Too often they'd see coaches stop the plays as they happen because someone stepped wrong, or went in the wrong gap. They said that coaching in between plays can take away enough time to run 2 or 3 more plays.

The 2nd and 3rd teamers also get more reps because they often divide the group in half, so men are not just standing around. They also have a scoreclock at one end of the field which tells what "Period" it is and how long it will last. E.g., If it's Period 14, every coach already seems to know what they're working on and with whom.

Okay, this is NOT a smartass question:

If they aren't stopping the flow to fix the problems when they happen, when do they fix them? It just seems that something needs to be done immediately for any effective fix to happen.

kj

I think what is implied is that if you keep stopping to correct every little movement/step/turn you lose valuable time to run more full plays.

Although important, don't get too caught up in the little stuff that can be looked at on film later, maybe.

More important is the repetition of plays and fast pace.