OT: Strange request

As many of you know - I play football for an outfit called the London Blitz, based in West London, UK.

We have a youth (14-18 yrs) team that is currently without a Head Coach. We desperately need to find a coach - and our efforts so far have not borne fruit.

If you know ANYONE living in or near London over here in the UK who may have an interest in coaching a youth kitted football side please put them in contact with me, or the Head Coach of the Senior side (I can give you details in a PM)...

The Youth side have sent representatives to Great Britain squads, won national championships and show a lot of promise. The coaching position is purely recreational, meaning no money can be paid for the position, but the opportunity to teach and develop young football players should be reward enough for the right person.

If you are visiting the UK from now until late summer, you would be perfect.

Thanks - we need your help URGENTLY!

Would it be paid? I did a work-exchange program called BUNAC. They have an office in London where American students go to find job postings. If I saw a posting for "Football coach" I would have been ecstatic! These students expect to be paid like crap because they are coming for the experience of living in the UK.

Just an idea.

Would it be paid? I did a work-exchange program called BUNAC. They have an office in London where American students go to find job postings. If I saw a posting for "Football coach" I would have been ecstatic! These students expect to be paid like crap because they are coming for the experience of living in the UK.

Just an idea.

203945[/snapback]

The Youth side have sent representatives to Great Britain squads, won national championships and show a lot of promise. The coaching position is purely recreational, meaning no money can be paid for the position, but the opportunity to teach and develop young football players should be reward enough for the right person.

:P

We cannot pay. Please remember that this 'job' is a once a week thing - maybe twice a week. Taking training on Thursday nights and Sunday's. It is not full time like over your way.

If you have BUNAC kids who are in London doing work and want to have a go at coaching then let me know. They could do it as a fun sideline and get to know a ton of British guys that just so happen to love football too....

Call the embassy.  I bet someone there could help.  Hell get ahold of some of the Marines at the Marine house. I bet one or two would help out.  Some may even look forward to it.

205129[/snapback]

Ditto on the embassy. When I lived in London. They were very helpful, even for social things - I think you can get in touch with someone from cultural affairs (I actually tried this to get to watch the Jets-Bills on the military satelite (didnt work, but they did ask the milatary there if it was possible).