Dallas thinking of signing available LT Bell

After being released this winter after signing a huge contract, I think that confirms the decision made by Buffalo not to give that free agent a huge contract. I will be curious just how little a contract Dallas will sign him to if he passes the physical. Another example of why not to give a Free Agent a big contract when he is not integral to your team being a winner.

It was hardly a huge contract. It was obviously a 1 yr / 3.25 mil deal, which I guess is kind of huge for bell, but not a 'huge contract'.

From PFT

" Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com reports that the deal will pay Bell $3.25 million in salary and bonuses in 2012 with no guaranteed money beyond this season. Bell’s base salaries will be $1 million in 2013, $6 million in 2014, $7 million in 2015 and $8.35 million in 2016.

Those last three years are pricey, but the 2013 salary is misleading. Bell will be due a $8.5 million roster bonus before next season. The Eagles can guarantee that bonus at any point to spread the cap hit over the final four years of the deal, but it seems more likely that they would want to revisit the overall deal before taking that step.": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/09/terms-of-demetress-bell-contract-point-to-short-stay-in-philly/PFT link

Edited by towelie

• 3 weeks later...