Wishful Thinking

Owen

I agree. Come 1:00 on Sept. 8th, I will be standing at my seat waiting for kickoff, spine tingling, fully embracing the possibility that we can and will beat the Pats*. I don't care if we go another 13 years without sniffing the playoffs - I start every year with similar expectations and I hope I never lose that hope.

absolutely. every sunday before the game i feel like a kid coming down the stairs christmas morning. the excitement and anticipation just churning in your gut. you don't always get what you want, but when you do...man is it sweet!

A lot of areas have been improved. The lack of experience may hurt the Bills a bit but I think we have a group of players that see light at the end of the tunnel. Their morale is better, they are young and hungry. They might make some mistakes but man are they going to be playing some hard hitting, FAST paced football. It is going to be a more interesting season than the last three years. Will they go to the big dance? Probably not, but I'll bet they make or get close to the playoffs. They are going to try and prove themselves and like I said they are hungry for a good season. That makes them very dangerous in the AFC East. "They're coming for you Brady" Be afraid, be very afraid. GO BILLS!!

I'm excited about the defense first off...... We have a really good defensive coordinator. We had a terrible DC last year... He never and I mean never took advantage of all that talent. This year with Byrd and Gilmore in the secondary we have two excellent defenders. McKelvin really came on in the second half of last year and Searcy looked good at SS on many occasions. The depth in the secondary is much improved. This year we finally have linebackers who can play. You have to like the depth too. The D-line was hurt much of last year. It is looking a lot better this year... Did I say we finally have a great DC ? This is a defense that no longer will be joked upon. It has the look of a top 10 defense. They are that good. I feel my excitement for this team will be justified ... I have been waiting a long time for this ... How about YOU....... ???

You kind of lost me with the "two excellent runners" bit. One of our excellent runners will be nearly 33 when the season starts, has been injured the last two years, has been increasingly prone to critical errors, and averaged 2.2 yards per carry less than the other guy.