cool inspiration for Kia's design

birdog1960

I have never been a fan of Ford design, but they are doing something right too. Seems they have taken styling from Mitsubishi with the "mouth grill." Also, squinty headlights straight off the Aston Martin. No wonder, Aston I think is affliated w/Ford???

Anyway, I see Kia is following the same stylish route... IMO, I don't buy the Tiger (probably CYA) bit though... It all started with Aston.

Oh... Just looked it up... KIA MAY be Ford affiliated?? Seems the Aston styling is bleeding down... Watch, all the car designers will do it next. Gotta admit, the Aston styling is pleasing to the eye... Just like a tiger!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I have never been a fan of Ford design, but they are doing something right too. Seems they have taken styling from Mitsubishi with the "mouth grill." Also, squinty headlights straight off the Aston Martin. No wonder, Aston I think is affliated w/Ford???

Anyway, I see Kia is following the same stylish route... IMO, I don't buy the Tiger (probably CYA) bit though... It all started with Aston.

Oh... Just looked it up... KIA MAY be Ford affiliated?? Seems the Aston styling is bleeding down... Watch, all the car designers will do it next. Gotta admit, the Aston styling is pleasing to the eye... Just like a tiger!

Just saw an Aston yesterday. Nice looking car though not worth the money in my opinion.

i see the tiger face clearly in the kia stable. i agree that ford has a nice, fresh look too but i think i like the kia's better (the look, don't know much about the ride, performance and such). overall, i think the designers are stepping up to the plate with trendy but not too trendy designs.

i see the tiger face clearly in the kia stable. i agree that ford has a nice, fresh look too but i think i like the kia's better (the look, don't know much about the ride, performance and such). overall, i think the designers are stepping up to the plate with trendy but not too trendy designs.

I agree too! Just IMO, I think Aston started the whole trend (tiger look or what ever you call it)... Maybe even Mitsu with its Lancer/Evo.

Kia's current design predates Ford's.

Also Kia was saved from bankruptcy by their Korean cousins, Hyundai.

The Optima is a pretty sweet looking car and I also like the new Ford look best exemplified in the Fusion.

My Wife has the Genesis Coupe which has a nice rear end but is lacking a bit in the front.

Several people have told us that the rear of the car is evocative of the Aston Martins.

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAQ&dur=940

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Kia's current design predates Ford's.

Also Kia was saved from bankruptcy by their Korean cousins, Hyundai.

The Optima is a pretty sweet looking car and I also like the new Ford look best exemplified in the Fusion.

My Wife has the Genesis Coupe which has a nice rear end but is lacking a bit in the front.

Several people have told us that the rear of the car is evocative of the Aston Martins.

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAQ&dur=940

Interesting to say the least. I never really thought about it, just my observations through the years. A while back, IMO, I thought Hyundai was taking a looks from Jaguar.

Anyway... The "mouth" and the "squinty" headlights (more body, less lens) is very appealing. I wanna Mitsu and the Lancer/Evo had to be the one company that also started the trend???