Lindy Ruff: might he have found his team?

Buftex

Don't know why, but in never imagined Lindy migh end up coaching the Dallas Stars, but it appears the Stars might be interested.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-stars/headlines/20130527-report-dallas-stars-gm-jim-nill-closing-in-on-naming-coach-had-contact-with-lindy-ruff-alain-vigneault.ece

It appears that Linday, and former Canucks coach Alain Vigneult are the final choices.

Not sure how I feel about this...other than the fact that I have two Stars fan friends who always tease me about Lindy the whiner..."no goal" and all...

I like Ruff... when he was fired the rumor was out there that he had passed on the Tampa Bay job, in hopes of getting the Flyers job. Ruff coaching the Flyers was unsettling to me...never even had the Stars on the radar.

If he does end up in Dallas, at least Nill did him a favor and got rid of Derek Roy ahead of time! :lol:

Edited by Buftex

I think the Vancouver job is a better option. Better players and he's from western Canada. Plus I wonder if he would move his family with him, which could determine where he'd go.

Has he talked to Vancouver? I hadn't heard that.

I must say, I don't like the Canucks at all...but it has nothing to do with their relation to the Sabres (as with the Flyers and Stars)...after not seeing them play much, a few years ago, I assumed I wanted them to beat the Bruins in the finals. But about half way through the second game of that series, I just couldn't pull for that team, at all...I hate the way they play, and not a big fan of the Sedin twinks.

Edited by Buftex

Don't know why, but in never imagined Lindy migh end up coaching the Dallas Stars, but it appears the Stars might be interested.

http://www.dallasnew...n-vigneault.ece

It appears that Linday, and former Canucks coach Alain Vigneult are the final choices.

Not sure how I feel about this...other than the fact that I have two Stars fan friends who always tease me about Lindy the whiner..."no goal" and all...

I like Ruff... when he was fired the rumor was out there that he had passed on the Tampa Bay job, in hopes of getting the Flyers job. Ruff coaching the Flyers was unsettling to me...never even had the Stars on the radar.

If he does end up in Dallas, at least Nill did him a favor and got rid of Derek Roy ahead of time! :lol:

I think Ruff would go into a better situation with Dallas. Some pretty good young talent. I think Nill is going to be a great GM. He has a fine resume being from the Wings. He was responsible for getting so much value from lower draft choices. Pavel D drafted 171st. Vancouver is a aging and bit battered. Sedin sisters are getting up there and guys like Kelsler, Bieska are often injured. Also I think the gm isn't that great.

I think Ruff would go into a better situation with Dallas. Some pretty good young talent. I think Nill is going to be a great GM. He has a fine resume being from the Wings. He was responsible for getting so much value from lower draft choices. Pavel D drafted 171st. Vancouver is a aging and bit battered. Sedin sisters are getting up there and guys like Kelsler, Bieska are often injured. Also I think the gm isn't that great.

I kind of agree. As much as I hate to admit it, Dallas has a really solid franchise, and a great fan-base. Ruff just seems more like a Dallas guy than a Vancouver guy to me. Which, of course means nothing. Normally, money prevails.

I hadn't heard Ruff linked to the Vancouver job. I wonder if the fact that Team Canada flamed out under him, in the World Championship, again, has cooled a Canadian team on him. That kind of thing might have more repurcussions in Canada than it would in Dallas.