Podcasts - Who Loves 'Em?

ajzepp

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So what are the best sports podcasts to listen to? I like to listen to JT the Brick - if there's a sport, he will cover it and he's pretty hardcore. I like to listen to this kind of stuff while working all day, theres not enough in the WGR audio vault to fill my day, plus Schopp and the Bulldog are just hard to listen to now. I need something more to fill my head with.

Two people I know actually do their own podcast and they only upload it once a week and its usually about an hour long.

http://www.brokenlinkradio.com/

Grantland has a football podcast with Bill Barnwell & Robert Mays on Wednesdays & Fridays. I liked the preseason team previews a bit better than what they're doing now during the season. Still it's a decent in-depth discussion on teams/games beyond the token stuff geared to casual fans on espn.

Oh, and Adam Carolla rules. Been hooked since March. Can't believe it took me so long to find him.

Grantland has a football podcast with Bill Barnwell & Robert Mays on Wednesdays & Fridays. I liked the preseason team previews a bit better than what they're doing now during the season. Still it's a decent in-depth discussion on teams/games beyond the token stuff geared to casual fans on espn.

Oh, and Adam Carolla rules. Been hooked since March. Can't believe it took me so long to find him.

This isn't a criticism cause I'm a fan of the guy, too...but honestly, how can one person have THAT much to talk about? lol He does multiple podcasts in addition to his other work, and the dude just always has something interesting to say...it's pretty remarkable.

The one podcast I'm really disappointed in is the Adam and Dr. Drew show. That could be so great, like Loveline, if they only took more calls...........As it is, now I listen to the last 15 minutes or so when they do take calls. So much potential.

I've been listening to Kornheiser with my podcast time, but you guys inspired me to listen to Ace. I just listened to I think yesterday's show with the guy from Everclear and the guy from Ashley Madison. A great show!

You may find this hard to believe, But I have no idea what a Podcast is.

Think of them as "on demand" radio shows. I would bet you'd be able to find some that you'd be very interested in...and you can listen whenever you want.

The one podcast I'm really disappointed in is the Adam and Dr. Drew show. That could be so great, like Loveline, if they only took more calls...........As it is, now I listen to the last 15 minutes or so when they do take calls. So much potential.

I've been listening to Kornheiser with my podcast time, but you guys inspired me to listen to Ace. I just listened to I think yesterday's show with the guy from Everclear and the guy from Ashley Madison. A great show!

Yeah, when I first saw that Adam and Dr Drew had a show again, I was pretty psyched...I think they should take more calls, too.

This isn't a criticism cause I'm a fan of the guy, too...but honestly, how can one person have THAT much to talk about? lol He does multiple podcasts in addition to his other work, and the dude just always has something interesting to say...it's pretty remarkable.

Well a lot of his rants are a bit repetitive, ha. It's just easy to deal with when you agree with him almost all the time. I could listen to him destroy Gavin Newsome every day for a year.

BTW that Grantland pod I mentioned does an "adopt a team" feature every week where they pick a somewhat obscure national team and pay special attention to their game/film (they did the Titans & Lions previously). On Friday they picked the Bills for this week so that ought to be an interesting listen on Wednesday.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Big fan of the podcast Kevin Smith does with Ralph Garman called Hollywood Babble-On, and a few others on his SmodCast network. Hollywood Babble-On is hilarious. Any fans of Batman would also enjoy his Fatman on Batman pods.

http://smodcast.com/sir/

Bumping this post. Was listening to the recent Hollywood Babble-On and in the news segment they were riffing on the Bon Jovi petition started by Bills fans trying to get businesses, etc to ban his music. There was a good-natured jab at the Bills fan base when someone in the audience spoke up saying "Give the Bills a break' and Garman agrees and gives the Bills a little love. Starts near the end, about 6/8 of the way in (or 1:16 in if you listen on beyond pod or a different podcaster).

http://smodcast.com/channels/hollywood-babble-on/