Sometimes luck does play a role - Bills may have missed out on trade

GG

According to NFL.com, Rams were all set to deal with Browns, if Mingo was not on the board. Good thing for that early run on OLs.

Linky thingy

Klosterman passes along word that the Browns would have traded back with the St. Louis Rams if Barkevious Mingo was not on the board at No. 6. (The Rams would have surrendered the No. 16 overall pick, their second-round pick and a seventh-rounder.) Mingo, however, was available, so the deal never happened.

Yep.

Now, I LOVE our draft, but.....

71. St. Louis - TJ McDonald S USC (from Buffalo)

72. NYJ - Brian Winters OG Kent St.

73. TB - Mike Glennon QB NC State

74. Dallas - Terrance Williams WR Baylor

75. NO - Terron Armstead OT Ark Pine Bluff

76. SD - Keenan Allen WR Cal :cry:

77. Miami - Dallas Thomas OG Tennessee

78. Buffalo - Marquise Goodwin WR Texas (from St. Louis)

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

They took Robert Woods in the 2nd round.

True but I believe that besides for all the off the field stuff Da'Rick Rodgers is just as good as Allen on the field, and he is not coming off a major injury. Personally I believe Winters was the bigger loss bc of our guard situation.

They took Robert Woods in the 2nd round.

and they took Goodwin in the 3rd round. Your point is? This whole draft revisionist history thing is pointless, however, I would have much preferred Keenan Allen over Goodwin.

True but I believe that besides for all the off the field stuff Da'Rick Rodgers is just as good as Allen on the field, and he is not coming off a major injury. Personally I believe Winters was the bigger loss bc of our guard situation.

We didn't know that we were going to get Rodgers, but I agree that Rodgers has the potential to be every bit as good (or better) than Allen. Along with Winters, Dallas Thomas was also a really good guard prospect we could have landed.

and they took Goodwin in the 3rd round. Your point is? This whole draft revisionist history thing is pointless, however, I would have much preferred Keenan Allen over Goodwin.

The point is they took a putative starting WR with their 1st-2nd round draft pick and were looking for a speed merchant with their next WR selection, which Allen is not. They already have another starting WR in Stevie.

Getting Robert Woods made getting Keenan Allen unnecessary. And as a bonus, we got Rogers as an UDFA. Relax, it all worked out :)

Keenan may become a stud, but the Bills were not going to take Allen when we had already taken Woods, especially when they had Woods graded higher than Justin Hunter.

Getting Robert Woods made getting Keenan Allen unnecessary. And as a bonus, we got Rogers as an UDFA. Relax, it all worked out :)

Keenan may become a stud, but the Bills were not going to take Allen when we had already taken Woods, especially when they had Woods graded higher than Justin Hunter.

I am relaxed :flirt: , and I like the Goodwin pick. I was disappointed initially because we already have our speed guy (Graham) on the roster, but the more I learn about Goodwin, the more I think he could be a really special player. It's a moot point anyway, as Allen was drafted 2 spots ahead of where Buffalo was picking. I'm just not so sure that the Bills would have passed on Allen if he was there. Similar to Woods or not, IMO, Allen is going to be a really good WR.