Want to buy Doug Marrone's old house in Syracuse?

salt water pool?! NO THANK YOU! Why in the world would anyone want swim in that nasty stuff.

Seriously? I heard Skelton has a salt water pool...

It uses a special filter to clean the water, it is much easier to maintain because of having to balance chemicals and it does not burn your eyes. Basically, you're swimming in saline solution. When you open your eyes in the water and the water is clear you can see almost perfectly. Your skin is soft and you do not need to shower immediately after to get the smell off of you, either. And, when there is a hot tub connected you are just so much better off - none of that boiling bleach water eye burning.

Seriously? I heard Skelton has a salt water pool...

It uses a special filter to clean the water, it is much easier to maintain because of having to balance chemicals and it does not burn your eyes. Basically, you're swimming in saline solution. When you open your eyes in the water and the water is clear you can see almost perfectly. Your skin is soft and you do not need to shower immediately after to get the smell off of you, either. And, when there is a hot tub connected you are just so much better off - none of that boiling bleach water eye burning.

Yeah I hear they're wonderful.

I think BB is probably reacting from the standpoint of one who's accustomed to swimming in fresh water (The Great Lakes?) as opposed to salt water in the oceans.

In a natural context and having grown up in Buffalo, I prefer freshwater but it probably depends on what you grew up with.

Thanks for posting!!! Love looking at houses, wife got me addicted to HGTV.

Very strange house. It goes back and forth between modern and country-classic look. The backyard is great, but its Syracuse, how often will you get to use it. A hot tub and fire pit would be a better combo. The basement is sweet. Being able to shoot hoops year round in your own house is a plus. Overall seems a bit overpriced given the sq. footage, and the contrasting styles within the house. At least in Pgh. it would be overpriced, perhaps housing costs more in that part of Syracuse.

Pretty wild that he paid only $450,000 for it in 2009. I'm guessing that the real estate agent bumped it so high figuring a SU football junkie would pay a premium to live in the former coaches house, no?

this makes more sence. Yeah, the agent is trying to hit it out of the park and find a Bills/SU fan to sell it to. I figure something like that is prob worth 550K-700K now? Who knows how much he put into it. I"m just basing off the sq. footage, but some work would have to be done to make the house match itself.

Maybe the listing agent is one of those people that think hiring Marrone is gonna boost Bills season tickets sales?

According to Zillow, the property taxes are $24,597 based on the assessed value of $650,000.

http://www.zillow.co.../31726890_zpid/

If this place sells for over a million, that assessment could go up.

As it is, the taxes alone are over $2000 a month.

So with a rough mortgage calculation of $5338 a month, that is a lot of money for Syracuse. I'm thinking there won't be much of a market for that house.

Horrible attached garage. They were going for the classic center entrance colonial look but true houses of that style had detached garages/carriage houses…. not hideous attached garages that upstage the entire house.

I guess Marrone has a couple of kids at least.

wow, taxes are CRAZY there.

Very strange house. It goes back and forth between modern and country-classic look. The backyard is great, but its Syracuse, how often will you get to use it. A hot tub and fire pit would be a better combo. The basement is sweet. Being able to shoot hoops year round in your own house is a plus. Overall seems a bit overpriced given the sq. footage, and the contrasting styles within the house. At least in Pgh. it would be overpriced, perhaps housing costs more in that part of Syracuse.

wow, taxes are CRAZY there.

From the exterior, the style they were going for is the Federal or Adam style. More generically you'd call it a "center entrance colonial" although Georgian Revivals also share that design.

The thing that ruins the exterior is that hideous attached garage with the siding.

The rooms are done very traditionally. Even the kitchen has earlier period cabinets, drawer pulls, mouldings, etc.

The thing that really doesn't go with the house (besides the garage) is the pool.

Colonial architecture with modern swimming pools are a clash in styles which are very, very difficult to make work.

And yeah, the property taxes in New York State are ridiculous. It really offsets much of the advantage of the low house prices.