Official John Murphy Show Thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few interesting facts about Kiko Alonso that people should know to help understand him.

In spite of going to high school in the very affluent town of Los Gatos, CA, Kiko is the child of immigrant parents.

His father is a Cuban who lived in Puerto Rico and his mother is from Columbia.

As such he grew up in a house where neither parent was a native english speaker.

His real name is Kristian, a name that made him the subject of lots of teasing growing up.

People who've had life experiences like this would understand why Kiko might have had some issues growing up, not to mention his less-than-stellar speaking ability.

I just want to see him play football. Dexter Manley could not write his name and was a fine NFL player.

I've noticed that there are more an more of us who have been listening to this excellent show. I think it's time that John have one central thread where we can all share feedback on what goes down. He is great at asking the questions that we, as fans, want answers to and I try not to miss any broadcasts.

As has been mentioned before, for those of you who might live outside of Blo and want to listen, download the tune-in radio app and search for John Murphy Show and/or WGR.

I'd like to start it off by asking if someone can please translate WTF Kiko Alonso said on tonight's show. I only caught the tail end of the interview, but that was plenty. I'm uneasy about this guy's criminal past, and all the mumbling and slurring of his words tonight didn't do much to make me any more optimistic about him. I hope Im wrong, but I wasn't impressed at all with what I heard tonight.

Contrast that with yesterday when he had EJ's former high school coach on for an interview. That was great and I encourage you guys to check it out on buffalobills.com

Yes. Tune In is a great free app for out of town radio. WGR is the only place to get media coverage of the Bills. Until they do something on the field, it will continue to be the only place.

I just want to see him play football. Dexter Manley could not write his name and was a fine NFL player.

Yes. Tune In is a great free app for out of town radio. WGR is the only place to get media coverage of the Bills. Until they do something on the field, it will continue to be the only place.

Also to add if you have a phone or tablet you can download the BB app. Very nice app that has everything plus the John Murphy show on it.

Anyone know why they aren't posting the podcasts in Itunes this week? I am a regular podcast listener and was really looking forward to some camp coverage. I've been trying to get a response from WGR, but no response so far. They seem to not post the podcasts when Sal is filling in as well, which irritates me.

Edited by Dr. Fong

Excellent show with Stevie as guest...

Sounds like Murph is all in on EJ after a few days of camp. Kolb not wooing him at all with weak tosses.

This is great IMO.

This causes me to question things since Murphy tows the company line. The 'Kolb is terrible' stuff is pretty convenient thus far.

This causes me to question things since Murphy tows the company line. The 'Kolb is terrible' stuff is pretty convenient thus far.

I don't know. I don't think "Kolb is terrible" is the company line. That's certainly not what Marrone is saying. And the national guys coming through this week - whom the Bills have no control over - are pretty much saying the same thing as Murph.

• 3 weeks later...