• Yes, his attitude problem is overblown
    • Yes, his attitude pumps up his teammates/fans
    • No, he's an ass

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, to put things in perspective, I'd say the majority of Vikings fans (at least the ones I know) would love to see the Vikings get rid of him.  They're sick of his crappy attitude.

CW

199643[/snapback]

I don't blaim them, if the Bills had an !@#$ like Moss I'd want him gone too.

What an obnoxious, self-centered and self-serving excuse for a human being.

Just to provide some counterpoint...has anyone else ever seen a WR with a seriously gimpy ankle have a 4-catch, 2-TD game? Moss was limping down the field at half-speed on his 2nd TD, and Al Harris looked like a fool trying to cover him. Whatever else you might say about the man, he's a damned good and tough football player.

Of course, we'll hear very little about how good and tough a football player he is this week, since he's managed to overshadow his on-field performance with his on-field antics. Again. Great football player...but desperately needs a personality transplant.

Of course, we'll hear very little about how good and tough a football player he is this week, since he's managed to overshadow his on-field performance with his on-field antics.  Again.  Great football player...but desperately needs a personality transplant.

200007[/snapback]

The problem lies with ESPN and other sports highlight shows that encourage this behavior by spotlighting it.

There are reasons why Randy Moss has never played in the Super Bowl, let alone won it. I believe that at least some of those reasons include the words "Randy Moss."

I think they're both punks, but the biggest difference between Moss and Ray Lewis (besides the fact that Lewis owns a SB ring) is that Ray Lewis comes to play every week, every down. Randy plays when he feels like it. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Randy.

few guys can change the ntire game. P. Manning is one. R. Moss is one, T. Owens is one......

game changing players are very hard to come by.

200047[/snapback]

From listening to people here you'd think Drew is one of those players too. :lol:

The problem lies with ESPN and other sports highlight shows that encourage this behavior by spotlighting it.

200033[/snapback]

That too. When Fox did their post-game 'round-the-table condemnation of his "celebration", I turned to my wife and said "You know, this wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as they're making it out to be if they'd just shut up and ignore it." And if Joe Buck hadn't called attention to it with his "I'm sorry our cameras caught that" tirade, many if not most viewers wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Still...the predicate act belongs to Randy Moss...and it's a shame that he eclipses his considerable talent and determination and dedication with his considerable immaturity.

Still...the predicate act belongs to Randy Moss...and it's a shame that he eclipses his considerable talent and determination and dedication with his considerable immaturity.

200055[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree that it was pretty immature. On the other hand, not a whole lot of NFL players are the sharpest pencils in the box either.

Do you guys think Moss should be fined?

I don't, but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL decided to.

Yeah, I agree that it was pretty immature. On the other hand, not a whole lot of NFL players are the sharpest pencils in the box either.

200093[/snapback]

He should definately be fined (and I'm sure he will). The NFL doesn't take kindly to any player taunting the fans (and rightfully so).

CW

200093[/snapback]

No kidding. Anyone want to go to the gas station and pick up some chicks? :lol:

As for Moss being fined...if at all, only by the team. Not the league. I think the team should be responsible for babysitting these overgrown children, not the league. And the Vikings would be much better off, I think, with some sort of system to keep Moss' immaturity in check.

I would love to see the FCC fine Fox for airing it, though...just because I always have a good laugh when the FCC does something stupid and petty. I'd find that far more entertaining than Moss' antics.

First, I would in no way, shape or form care for Randy Moss on our team simply because of his personality.

Second, I can't help but feel that the only reason Moss is doing what he's doing right now is because T.O. is out for the year. Owens is twice the receiver that Moss is, in my eyes, because he can be a difference maker on third downs by doing something other than high-jumping for a garbage pail pass. But T.O. is also a brass personality, and he will always take the spotlight away from Moss.

Moss needs to get the press while T.O. is on the bench. When T.O. comes back, Moss will just another dude who looks like Eddie Murphy's version of Buckwheat.

First, I would in no way, shape or form care for Randy Moss on our team simply because of his personality.

Second, I can't help but feel that the only reason Moss is doing what he's doing right now is because T.O. is out for the year. Owens is twice the receiver that Moss is, in my eyes, because he can be a difference maker on third downs by doing something other than high-jumping for a garbage pail pass. But T.O. is also a brass personality, and he will always take the spotlight away from Moss.

Moss needs to get the press while T.O. is on the bench. When T.O. comes back, Moss will just another dude who looks like Eddie Murphy's version of Buckwheat.

200145[/snapback]

What's with all this Buckwheat nonsense? I thought Moss looked more like Sideshow Bob...or even more like the Rubberband Man from the Office Max commercials...

No kidding.  Anyone want to go to the gas station and pick up some chicks?  :D

As for Moss being fined...if at all, only by the team.  Not the league.  I think the team should be responsible for babysitting these overgrown children, not the league.  And the Vikings would be much better off, I think, with some sort of system to keep Moss' immaturity in check. 

I would love to see the FCC fine Fox for airing it, though...just because I always have a good laugh when the FCC does something stupid and petty.  I'd find that far more entertaining than Moss' antics.

200126[/snapback]

I'm not disagreeing, but to go further with this sort of thinking, should the Bills implement a system to limit Spikes', Clements' and Fletcher's sometimes ridiculous celebrations?

See, I agree that these celebrations are petty, completely immature and just downright stupid. And I also agree that if there is going to be a fine, it ought to come from the head coach, because if he wants players that don't do those sort of things, he ought to show it. The League ought to stay completely out of it, in my opinon.

The point is, I don't like what Moss did, but I like less how overblown these sort of things become.

Players all over the league do this sort of crap, just not as elaborate maybe. At least Moss did it after scoring a touchdown rather than making a Special Teams tackle like some of our Bills have been known to do.

So, what are we punishing Moss for? Has he done worse than what Takeo Spikes does? Are Moss's antics worse than Spikes' kung fu dance?

There is merit to that argument but there are alot more factors than just television.

Oh, certainly. But I think TV is the biggest potentially controllable factor.