Al Michaels charged with DUI

A friend of mine told me that when he was in college, there was a sign on the highway that said "sobriety check point in 1 mile". Many cars proceeded to get off at the next exit, a quarter mile up the road, where it turned out the real sobriety check point was placed. He was ok because he did not drink much but he said that many were not as lucky. From what he said, the exit they chose was not normally a very busy one because there was not much around, so it was likely that you were only exiting to avoid the stop. Creative strategy but would probably be deemed illegal these days.

Nope, there was a DUI checkpoint down here & all the cars that turned around were pulled over & over half the people were drunk.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine told me that when he was in college, there was a sign on the highway that said "sobriety check point in 1 mile". Many cars proceeded to get off at the next exit, a quarter mile up the road, where it turned out the real sobriety check point was placed. He was ok because he did not drink much but he said that many were not as lucky. From what he said, the exit they chose was not normally a very busy one because there was not much around, so it was likely that you were only exiting to avoid the stop. Creative strategy but would probably be deemed illegal these days.

I guess the ones too drunk to notice the sign were the lucky ones.

A few months ago, a friend of mine was shot dead and dumped in a garbage can. Based on your response here, can I count on you to actively support draconian controls on firearms? After all, three times as many people in the US die from gunshots than from drunk drivers.

A person without a desire to commit murder can be entrusted with firearms. Once the desire to commit murder appears, then not only firearms, but also knives, poisons, and anything else which might be used to deadly effect become lethal weapons in his hands.

On the other hand, it is impossible for a very drunk person to drive a vehicle, without endangering his own life and the lives of everyone else with whom he shares the road.

Doubtful. Cops can legally lie to us. If we lie to them it's a crime, but they can lie to us with impunity.