People are getting the path to the QB all twisted

The problem is that the Bills need to get better at multiple positions in order for the new QB, whomever it is, has a fighting chance to succeed.

The Bills need a young QB like G. Smith or Barkley to develop and they need to improve at various offensive positions as well such as LG/TE/WR.

The Bills have a very good shot at getting either Smith or Barkley and I think they should take one of them at #8 overall.

If he was taking advice from Gailey that is his own fault (he was a terrible Nix-hire anyway).. Nix is the architect of this team and the responsibility absolutely lies at his feet. Yes Chan had some say but Nix is the final decision maker...

I'm tired of people defending Nix, he hasn't taken this organization forward at all..

Clarifying how GM's generally prioritize team needs is not defending Buddy, rather it is explaining the process. What I was saying is that he is not the cause of world hunger, a weak economy, and terrible draft picks at QB for the Bills. To the best of my knowledge he and Whaley have not made QB a priority of a draft till this year - at least not openly. I believe that is because they felt that some of Fitz accuracy issues could be corrected, and with a strong defense around him he could be good enough to get this team into the post season.

I think there is a tendency for revisionist history to creep into the dialogue; To take all the crappy QB draft and FA mistakes at OBD since Kelly retired and lay them all at the feet of the current GM and that simply is not reality.

In regards to listening to the idiot Gailey, yeah he should never have listened to him when he insisted we take Spiller. Looks like genius advice now with Fred over the magic 30 yr. mark and unable to complete the last two seasons without getting injured. I think most fans would agree he is an impact player that we all wanted to see used a heck of a lot more last year.

If you wanted to argue about the Chan hire I would say what I have said before - that I think Chan was a good, if not great OC. He obviously did not make the best HC and upon reflection one has to say that Buddy failed getting the right coach in here to turn the franchise around. There, we have beat that horse to death...again.

We all know Buddy is on his way out, I just do not see a need for all the pessimism around the evaluation and selection of a good QB by Buddy, Whaley, and the scouting department as they have not focused on QB as an area of need till the Fitz experiment crapped out. The fact is that when Nix has focused on drafting a top tier QB his selections have been: Drew Brees in 2001, then Eli Manning (who they then packaged to the Giants for picks and Phillip Rivers a few picks later - rumors were that Eli wanted to play for the Giants not San Diego.

I don't know folks, but that does not look like a lot of misses when he has evaluated and drafted QB's, but by all means throw the baby out with the bath water.

Edited by ColdBlueNorth