Luke Tasker

JohnC

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Kelly...that is why I quoted "I dread when Kelly's jerk nephew is eligible for the league in a few years."

Chad Kelly is the backup to tajh Boyd at Clemson this year and barring any major setbacks he'll start his junior year. I've heard all the jerk comments about him and played against him to know the kind of person he is. But honestly, if he gets us wins I don't care...that's the point I'm at with our QB position.

GO BILLS!!!

Super Bowl or Bust

I think a lot of you guys are missing the point on why Marv didn't allow Tasker to play more on offense. Its not because he didn't think he was good enough to, it was because he was such an impact player on ST that he did not want to risk him getting injured as a WR and losing him. Before you attack me and say he has a higher chance of getting hurt on ST than by playing WR, I am just going by what I read from Jim or Marv in one of their books, that was the reason that was given for why Steve didn't play more on Offense.

Just because this wasn't brought up doesn't mean it wasn't fairly common knowledge. I remember hearing the same justifications for Tasker not getting more offensive playing time.

But I think the talk here about Tasker's unused talents are an implicit criticism of Marv.

Put it this way; a lot of people here believe that Tasker could have had a Welker-type career.

How many special teamers are more valuable than Wes Welker?

I'm gonna say none.

Just because this wasn't brought up doesn't mean it wasn't fairly common knowledge. I remember hearing the same justifications for Tasker not getting more offensive playing time.

But I think the talk here about Tasker's unused talents are an implicit criticism of Marv.

Put it this way; a lot of people here believe that Tasker could have had a Welker-type career.

How many special teamers are more valuable than Wes Welker?

I'm gonna say none.

Good point. He really did seem like Welker in the short time we got to see him. However, it could be that we were high octane enough on offense, esp. 90-91, and the balance of having GREAT special teams was worth it.........Now if he could have turned into Ted Washington and taken Jeff Wright's place as a run stuffer, I think that would have been the move to put us over the top.