Other Teams Trading Up

Haplo848

In the discussion of QBs and trading down I think a lot of people are not thinking this through totally. If I was the GM and Smith was there at 8 I would probably have to take him. I don't think he is a Franchise QB, but he has a good chance of becoming a competent QB, so I would feel the pressure and I would grudgingly take him. Those that believe that the Bills are in trouble if Smith and Barkley are gone at 8 are looking at this all wrong. If Smith and Barkley are both gone by 8, it means the value of our 8th pick just increased dramatically to other teams. There is so much bonafide talent in this draft outside of QB that if two questionable QBs are picked before us, the chances are that at least one top five level talented player will still be there for the taking, probably more. Our chances of getting a very beneficial offer for our pick just skyrocketed. It would be the best thing that could happen to us. We could get an extra late first or early 2nd pick and still get a decent QB pick and a WR to go with him. We would have the other picks for an LB, a guard, and maybe a TE. Or we might even luck out and also pick up Scott or Brey or Dysert for a developmental QB project. And it would save us from ourselves from being one of the teams that panicked and took a QB who was way too risky and way too low a value for an 8th round pick.

Edited by simpleman

If Geno is still available at pick 8, I expect the Bills would have their card turned in with his name on it before the Commission even officially announced pick #7 and Russ would be running up to the side of the stage with a Bills #1 jersey in his hands.