Cooper Taylor - S - Richmond

Here's a guy that I think is worth taking a later-round flyer on: Cooper Taylor - S/Richmond

He's very solid against the run, and pretty good in coverage. Here's some video on him:

He also drew rave reviews for his performances at the East-West Shrine game practices.

Now, the fun part...measurables:

He's 6'5", 228 lbs, and put up the following pro day numbers - 23 reps in the bench, 36.5" vertical, 10'7" broad, and ripped off a 4.47 sec 40-yard dash

I say if he's there in the 5th, he's a guy you have to think about taking a shot at...that's how a team like Seattle ends up with a Richard Sherman.

Here's a guy that I think is worth taking a later-round flyer on: Cooper Taylor - S/Richmond

He's very solid against the run, and pretty good in coverage. Here's some video on him:

Cooper Taylor Highlights

Now, the fun part...measurables:

He's 6'5", 228 lbs, and put up the following pro day numbers - 23 reps in the bench, 36.5" vertical, 10'7" broad, and ripped off a 4.47 sec 40-yard dash

I say if he's there in the 5th, he's a guy you have to think about taking a shot at...that's how a team like Seattle ends up with a Richard Sherman.

Wow, that dude is a flat out freak. Hope he's not like Taylor Mays though. But definitely an interesting prospect for sure.

1) what is his football IQ?

2) what did he do in the cone drill & the short shuttle?

3) Is he durable?

4) Does he love the game?

Also,

1) What are his opinions on monotremes?

2) If he saw a large spider laying on its back struggling helplessly, what would he do?

3) Would he rather play in rain or snow?

4) What's his favorite movie to watch with a girl?

Very interesting watching him play. I have to assume he was leaps and bounds of talent over teammates on the team, even on the strong side he played very loose non-fundamental in his alignments. He is listed as a strong side linebacker but I did not see him getting to the box. I also saw him staring down the same GT QB and going to where his eyes went - I don't know anything about GT and their QB but that was some awful footage of QBing.

I would love to take a late 6th or 7th rounder on him, he has solid open field tackling displayed there and that is KEY to special teams.

Definitely keep my eyes open for more info about him.

Also,

1) What are his opinions on monotremes?

2) If he saw a large spider laying on its back struggling helplessly, what would he do?

3) Would he rather play in rain or snow?

4) What's his favorite movie to watch with a girl?

Forgot the leg press, bro.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if we noticed him, so did 47 other teams.

Indeed...it's hard to go unnoticed as a 6'5", 230 lb defensive back with sub 4.5 speed, especially when you produce 78 tackles, 5 TFLs, 4 INTs, 1.5 sacks, 3 FFs, 4 QB hurries and 9 PBUs as a Senior.

Oh, he also happens to be a first-team AP All American, as well as an Academic All American.

One more thing: football pedigree...his father was Jim Bob Taylor, QB for the Baltimore Colts in the early 80's.

Yeah...can we draft this guy? I'm saying 5th round gets it done.

Edited by thebandit27