Reminder of why we are Bills fans

Drewgetz

Thought we could all use a little reminder during this s-l-o-w off-season. I think I found this on TBD last year or the year before and thought it might help some of the faithful get over the hump of nothingness. This is not mine but I had saved it and like to read it now and again. I claim no credit so all you copyright lawyers out there please spare me. The writer may actually be one of you so if Tim is reading this then this is a homage to you. To the rest of you, enjoy, keep your chin up, keep the faith and keep chugging down that Bills Kool-Aid.

I Can’t Quit You: The Journey of a Buffalo Bills Fan

Cheers! :beer:

Being a fan means being loyal to one team. If you can be a Chicago Bulls fan one year and a Miami Heat fan later then you are just looking for entertainment. You're interest level could wane but you never stop cheering, and you certainly don't adopt a new team just because you move or because they win a lot.

PTR

Being a fan means being loyal to one team. If you can be a Chicago Bulls fan one year and a Miami Heat fan later then you are just looking for entertainment. You're interest level could wane but you never stop cheering, and you certainly don't adopt a new team just because you move or because they win a lot.

PTR

I liken it to you are either a fan of the sport, or the fan of a team.

For example, I am a fan of the Bills but not of tackle football (I watch almost nothing but the Bills).

However, I am a fan of ice hockey with my favorite team being the Sabres and second favorite the Habs. But I will watch many many other games than just games of those two teams.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I liken it to you are either a fan of the sport, or the fan of a team.

For example, I am a fan of the Bills but not of tackle football (I watch almost nothing but the Bills).

However, I am a fan of ice hockey with my favorite team being the Sabres and second favorite the Habs. But I will watch many many other games than just games of those two teams.

Very true statement. I like to have NFL games on in the background while doing other things but I normally just actively watch Bills games.

The exception would be if I'm watching a team to lose (Patriots) or the Super Bowl. Even then I'm usually playing darts or hanging with friends. I do try to pay attention to the commercials tho' B-)

If the Bills did ever move (not saying they will) I may not care to be a "fan" of the game anymore. Which would suck b/c football is the only sport I like to watch on TV.