Portis, James, Mcgahee

Based on accomplishments and statistics as of now, I would say Edgerrin James, but based on potential and ability, Im going with Willis by a narrow margin..Yes clinton portis has put up monster numbers the last few seasons..But willis has soo much upside..we all know what clinton portis brings to the table from an ability stand point..but I believe that Willis still hasn't shown us what he can do..like he said..this year was a " stepping stone". Willis is a complete running back, where Clinton lacks poise , blocking ability, and team attitude..but I won't say he's not a damn good back..

thoughts??

I would probably take Portis over Edge, but not by much. Willis does deem to have the best potential, although I'd need a full season of Willis against some better teams before I crown him the best.

I'll take willis any day. He will have comperable stats with portis or edge with a full season, but willis has two things bigger than the other guys. One is potential, and the other is heart. Potential + heart + 1100 yards in 2/3 of a season = championship.

I remember reading that when Portis was starting at Miami and McGahee was his backup, Portis used to always tell McGahee that he'll never be as good as he was. It was an in your face type of remark. I hope Willis gets a chance to show him up next year.

Portis is a blowhard. A talented blowhard, but a blowhard nonetheless. I think Edge (right now) is the most complete back. He can just about do it all. I think Willis will improve significantly next year, just like Edge did his second season after returning from his surgery. I agree with the Corp, though, that Wills has a ton of heart. Edge admittedly treats the game strictly as a business. You don't really see a lot of emotion out of that guy. But as I'm reminded every day when I look at the wallpaper on my computer of Willis jumping into the stands, Willis is going to be the total package and an inspirational leader.

As both a Bills and Hurricanes fan, I would take Willis any day of the week.

He outperformed the others when he got his chance at UM. He also is a much better person.

Willis has the potential to be every bit as good as any other running back in the NFL today.

P.S. Frank Gore is also a good guy and was an absoulute stud before his injury. So far, he has not been able to regain his form 100%. I wish him well and anticipate that he will go anywhere in rounds 2, 3, or 4.

Why not throw Frank Gore into that list.  Even with two torn ACL's, somebody will draft him.

198509[/snapback]

I have the feeling I know which GM is MOST likely to take a chance on a Hurricane RB with a messed-up knee. I know what you're thinking: said GM already has a proven starter at RB. Seems to me I've heard that before . . .

The biggest difference to me is passion. Who has the passion for the game, Lives the job. I get that it's a job, and should be treated as such, but give me the guy who lives his job. The guy who will always give you 110% even in the most adverse situations. Everything I've seen out of Willis tells me he has passion that you just don't see much of today. He's total class,talent, and heart that goes unmatched. I believe we're gonna be treated very nicely when we watch willis rip through the nfl and truly make a name for himself next year, as of now though Edge is the better back of the 3, but within 1-2 years. Willis will top this list.