A few reasons to feel GOOD about this year.

Grant

Consider how many strides this team has made coming off of 6-10 in 2003, you have to be feeling pretty confident about next year.

Keep in mind, in 2003 we could barely beat anybody - and we certainly couldn't come from behind.

Remember losing to Houston at home? Embarassing. But it wouldn't have happened this year.

Some folks complain that we didn't face a very tough schedule and we were pretenders. Well, that might not be inaccurate. BUT, we are beating the teams we are "supposed to."

And we couldn't even do that in 2003. Now, all we need to do is be able to win those games we "shouldn't" and you could be seeing big things in '05.

Furthermore, something we proved that we could do this year that we couldn't in '03 - come from behind. In 2003, if we didn't take a hold of the game early, we were pretty much out of it. The Seattle, Cincinnati and 2nd Miami game this year proved that we are now capable of answering back.

The most important thing about this season is that the team is learning how to win. We're winning, and we were CLOSE this year - and you know that next year, they should be wanting it even more. If we could start pulling out those close games, we'd be a force.

Things are getting better, guys. Don't feel bad about this team!

The 2005 season will have the Buffalo Bills in a top playoff seed. No sneaking in the back door for the buffalo bills.

198384[/snapback]

We may still be battling for a wild card spot until we prove we can handle New England. I think we'll make that stride next year, but it will always be the "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing.

We may still be battling for a wild card spot until we prove we can handle New England. I think we'll make that stride next year, but it will always be the "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing.

198400[/snapback]

New England is doomed. They lost Charlie Weiss & going to lose Romeo Crowell to San Francisco.

Wild Card spot NAH Division Crown yes.

Consider how many strides this team has made coming off of 6-10 in 2003, you have to be feeling pretty confident about next year.

Keep in mind, in 2003 we could barely beat anybody - and we certainly couldn't come from behind.

Remember losing to Houston at home? Embarassing. But it wouldn't have happened this year.

Some folks complain that we didn't face a very tough schedule and we were pretenders. Well, that might not be inaccurate. BUT, we are beating the teams we are "supposed to."

And we couldn't even do that in 2003. Now, all we need to do is be able to win those games we "shouldn't" and you could be seeing big things in '05.

Furthermore, something we proved that we could do this year that we couldn't in '03 - come from behind. In 2003, if we didn't take a hold of the game early, we were pretty much out of it. The Seattle, Cincinnati and 2nd Miami game this year proved that we are  now capable of answering back.

The most important thing about this season is that the team is learning how to win. We're winning, and we were CLOSE this year - and you know that next year, they should be wanting it even more. If we could start pulling out those close games, we'd be a force.

Things are getting better, guys. Don't feel bad about this team!

198283[/snapback]

We are on the right track. If management makes the right decisions this offseason, next year will be first time we'll be in the playoffs since 1999-2000.

Sounds to me like someone is compromising.

Look, if we don't win the Super Bowl, then everything else sucks. There is nothing else to this game but winning the big game and if you're willing to be pleased with improvements, then you're nothing but a Bledsoe ass-kissing lemming of cowbell proportions. Some people think a team first needs to learn how to win, and that maybe we did that this year.

BAH! So we won. Big fuggin' deal. So we got better. Big fuggin' deal. So after going 0-4 we still had a chance to make the playoffs in the final game of the year. Big fuggin' deal.

Without winning a Super Bowl, everything else is trash.

[/sarcasm off for the countless people who fell for Gavin's kicker thread]

I feel more optimistic about this team than I have ifor a long time. At the start of the season I was unsure of the coaching. Now Im feeling a bit more at ease. Not to say that im totaly sold on MM but overall I think he has done pretty well for being a rookie. I have always liked Sam Wyche as well. Our special teams are great(field goals aside) and our defence is better than average. What I like is that the weaknesses of our team have been narrowed down to one major flaw, our qb spot. Obviously not a small problem but to me its much easier to focus on one signifcant problem and solve it than having to plug a bunch of holes. We are very close now.

198400[/snapback]

I agree.....we need to at least split with them.....we need to take them out in our house. With our D playing like it is now, there is no excuse to be losing at home anymore. I don't care who we're playing.