FA kickers.

ch19079

• 2 weeks later...

Let me show you the numbers on Mike Nugent for the past three years.

Made/Att. Percentage 1-19 20s 30s 40s 50+

65/74 87.8% 1/1 15/16 21/23 20/25 8/9

And… he kicks the ball through the back of the end zone as long as there isn’t a major wind in his face…. and then sometimes he still does. You’ll never see Lindell do that.

Not to mention, Nugent is a great clutch kicker to boot (no pun intended)

Let me show you the numbers on Mike Nugent for the past three years.

Made/Att. Percentage 1-19 20s 30s 40s 50+

65/74 87.8%  1/1 15/16 21/23 20/25 8/9

And… he kicks the ball through the back of the end zone as long as there isn’t a major wind in his face…. and then sometimes he still does.  You’ll never see Lindell do that.

Not to mention, Nugent is a great clutch kicker to boot (no pun intended)

210235[/snapback]

is he a FA?

I'm gonna be that guy and say I would like the Bills to bring Steve Christie back. The man knows this buffalo weather like a book. Kickoffs are the only issue. Moorman maybe?

2004:

1-19:  1/1

20-29: 8/8

30-39: 6/8

40-49: 4/7

50+:  3/4

78.6% completions

Those are not bad numbers. I like the 3/4 from 50 yards. They guy was solid when he was here and he may have slipped a little bit but I think he's an upgrade from lindell.

197924[/snapback]

I couldn't believe the Bills didn't bring Christie back when he was available...if they had we may have watched a playoff game or two this season. But if we can get Vinatieri or Nugent go for it.

Maybe the Jets really will cut Doug Brien....the media here isn't letting up. Or else, maybe the Jets would jump at a trade offer for a mid to low round draft pick (rather than using a 2 or 3 on Nugent).

He's been a solid kicker his whole career. I'll give him a pass on this one FUBAR.

Maybe the Jets really will cut Doug Brien....the media here isn't letting up.  Or else, maybe the Jets would jump at a trade offer for a mid to low round draft pick (rather than using a 2 or 3 on Nugent).

He's been a solid kicker his whole career.  I'll give him a pass on this one FUBAR.

210302[/snapback]

You want that guy? A game like that is the kind of thing that can ruin a kicker's career. He may never be able to get that out of his head.

o, cool

but would you be willing to give up a second rounder for him??

i would give up a 3rd rounder.

210294[/snapback]

He'll be wearing some NFL hat well before the Bills 3rd round pick rolls around.

You want that guy? A game like that is the kind of thing that can ruin a kicker's career. He may never be able to get that out of his head.

210307[/snapback]

75% in his career from 40-49 and over 50% from 50+?

Yeah, I'll take that over a guy who's so bad we won't even ATTEMPT a kick of 45 yards.

His head will be fine once he's out of NYC.

75% in his career from 40-49 and over 50% from 50+?

Yeah, I'll take that over a guy who's so bad we won't even ATTEMPT a kick of 45 yards.

His head will be fine once he's out of NYC.

210334[/snapback]

Certainly lack of confidence in his ability to be "money" on long kicks is the important part of his lack of long FGs made or even tried. However, part of this was the nature of the Bill's season this year where the vast majority of the games like our wins during the streak where there was no need to try the long FG or the blow-out against NE where the FG was not what we needed.

Of the close games like the first Jax game the FG was never appropriate and the first Jets game they got the chance before we did.

One of the most perverse things was that Lindell did put a couple of kicks from over 40 yards through the uprights, but in both these cases we had called TO just before the play began and we never put the 3 points on the board.

In these two cases, we ran a play on a 4th and 1 and Bledsoe did a great job of faking the QB sneak and making an accurate pitch to WM who ran and dove in for the TD. In the other play we lined up for the kick but either by a dumb plan or a muffed catch Moorman threw a pass and missed Denney in the endzone.

This is not to argue that Lindell should be kept because I believe if there is an available player good enough (I say take Nugent in the 3rd if he is still there) we should look elswhere. My guess is that TD probably won't want to do this because cuttin Lindell will make for $600,000 in deadspace and TD hates deadspace, so there has to be an alternative that he belives in who will bring excitment to thefan base which will allow us to gloss over his faux-pas of signing Lindell.