FA is the key to Fitz

Fitz money is to be paid out on the 13th...4pm or something like that. FA opens on the 12th. I think the Bills take the first day and make an offer to one or two of the FA QBs that are out there. If they are able to land one, Fitz is gone by sunrise on the 13th, if they arent Fitz gets his bonus and perhaps competes in camp.

i don't really see the bills going after another vet qb. the problem with fitz and his contract are that whether you keep him or cut him, he counts about 10 million towards the cap. in that regard i don't see them cutting fitz and using more cap space on another vet qb who probably is a lesser qb than the guy you just cut. but, i've been wrong plenty of times.

i don't really see the bills going after another vet qb. the problem with fitz and his contract are that whether you keep him or cut him, he counts about 10 million towards the cap. in that regard i don't see them cutting fitz and using more cap space on another vet qb who probably is a lesser qb than the guy you just cut. but, i've been wrong plenty of times.

This makes sense to me. A couple thoughts... I would like to think Fitz could help mentor our new rookie starting QB. I would also think he could be an effective back-up should the new QB go down. He'd be hungry to play, and healthy from not getting banged around...and (hopefully) play well enough to not lose should the need arise.

Keeping him around in our situation may end up being the best option.

jb