Combine Results. Sortable. Easy.

Hey Astro, I have a tough question for you, not sure you can answer it.

I know for a fact that quarterbacks at the combine have their throws measured for velocity with a radar gun. In 2011 Colin Kaepernick had the fastest throw ever recorded in the 4 years of measuring with a throw of 59 miles per hour.

Fast forward two years and Tyler Bray matched that feat this year.

So I know they measure it so why is this measurement never included when combine results are given?

Anyone?

It goes without saying that this would be one of the most coveted and talked about measurements at the combine if they publicly disclosed this.

Hey Astro, I have a tough question for you, not sure you can answer it.

I know for a fact that quarterbacks at the combine have their throws measured for velocity with a radar gun. In 2011 Colin Kaepernick had the fastest throw ever recorded in the 4 years of measuring with a throw of 59 miles per hour.

Fast forward two years and Tyler Bray matched that feat this year.

So I know they measure it so why is this measurement never included when combine results are given?

Anyone?

It goes without saying that this would be one of the most coveted and talked about measurements at the combine if they publicly disclosed this.

Interesting. To be honest I never heard about this being measured until your post.

Interesting. To be honest I never heard about this being measured until your post.

It is interesting isn't it?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/source-radar-gun-says-kaepernick-had-combines-strongest-arm/

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8394/tyler-bray

What's interesting is that the NFL has been moving towards making the Combine and regional combines much more fan friendly (read: revenue producing) to the point of inviting a female soccer player to show her wares as a placekicker.

They've also for the first time invited media inside the stadium and this year, invited a limited amount of fans into the stadium.

They're trying like hell to build interest in the Combine.

What would be more riveting for hard core fans like ourselves than watching to see which quarterbacks had the biggest canons?

BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah did not train for February's Scouting Combine, instead focusing on finishing classes at Brigham Young.

Almost every Combine invitee hires a trainer to prepare. Ansah didn't, and he still tore it up. Measuring in at 6-foot-5 and 271 pounds with 35 1/8-inch arms, Ansah posted the sixth fastest forty time (4.63) of 37 defensive linemen who ran, and his 34 1/2-inch vertical tied for seventh. Only Barkevious Mingo had a faster ten-yard split (1.56). Ansah's agent claims his forty-yard dash at the Combine was the first he's ever run in his life. We expect Ansah to be drafted in the single digits.

lol..animal.

BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah did not train for February's Scouting Combine, instead focusing on finishing classes at Brigham Young.

Almost every Combine invitee hires a trainer to prepare. Ansah didn't, and he still tore it up. Measuring in at 6-foot-5 and 271 pounds with 35 1/8-inch arms, Ansah posted the sixth fastest forty time (4.63) of 37 defensive linemen who ran, and his 34 1/2-inch vertical tied for seventh. Only Barkevious Mingo had a faster ten-yard split (1.56). Ansah's agent claims his forty-yard dash at the Combine was the first he's ever run in his life. We expect Ansah to be drafted in the single digits.

lol..animal.

Great time for a guy that big.

However I'm less impressed because the part of the story you left out is very significant.

Ansah ran track and field before taking up football at Brigham Young and was a sprinter, running both the 100 and 200 meters.