TBD Vote: RB

Numark

TBD Vote: RB  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How do you currently rate our starting RB Situation?

2. 2. How do you currently rate our depth at RB?

If we had a battering ram short yardage guy about on the level of Darrick Holmes or Shawn Bryson talent level we would be excellent. I would be curious if they could do anything with CMac.

CMac is indeed one of the mysteries of life to me. In the situations where the Bills have used him, he seems to come through, which has me wondering what the problem is - why don't they use him more?

i said average for depth. That was the question right? Fred to me when healthy is above average. But there have been questions about his health lately, and then who do we have after that? So that was my line of thinking for the depth vote. CJ is definatly above average. I will go to good if he can repeat what he was able to do last year and stay healthy.

i voted average for the 2nd poll. But the poll wasn't about the back up, it was about depth. who do we have after fred? That is the definition of depth is it not?

I agree. Plus, I can't keep some key fumbles from both backs on the goal line out of my mind. We have no one other then the 2 of them therefor depth can not be better then average just due to shear numbers.

Our depth is average at best.

The Bills are one injury away from being perilously thin at running back.

And when you have one smallish back and another oldish back at a position which features lots of injuries, injuries are to be expected.

In fact, both Fred and CJ were injured last year although the bye week saved CJ from missing any games.

keep your eye on Joe bergeron from texas this year. He is 6 1 230 lbs. An absolute bruiser, run you over type RB.

That's exactly what this team needs, for the 3rd running back to be a bruiser, short-yardage, eat the clock type back.

edit: Who never fumbles and is good in pass protection.

I'd like to know who the heck thinks Fred is an "Average" backup... we've all seen what he can do, i'm not even going to list it. For this year and next, he's one of the top backups in football. Beyond that I think age hits him, but for now we're set here (still need a 3rd guy for developing and to take over for fred in a year or 2 though)

What do the 2012 stats reveal?

RB rank #39

Fred Jackson 115 carries, 437 yards, 3.8 yds. per carry, longest run 15 yds., 3 TD's, 43.7 yds per game, 4 fumbles.

The best one two combo in the NFL. Leave it alone already. One gets hurt the other steps in. The more Jackson plays the longer Spiller will be getting a pay check. I believe he knows that and thats why he doesn't complain. It's all about the money honey.