The Gulf Coast Offense

NoSaint

Well, talking a bit about how we aren't sure what we will see out of the offense reminded me of this article about Sean Peyton's offense in New Orleans, which marrone has had a hand in. He's still close with SP as well and I'm sure they bounce ideas around. Discusses some of the roles of WRs, TEs, rbs, blocking stuff.... How much he carries here, we will see. It's a fan written piece so take it somewhat with a grain of salt.

Without further ado - the gulf coast offense, a modernized version of the west coast:

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2011/5/28/2195619/gulf-coast-offense-setting-trends

Cool read. We have some work to do. If we are looking for plug and play guys at TE and WR we need a minimum of 5 more and probably 7 (5 more WR's and 2 TE's)....not to mention a QB. Really, we kinda played a hybrid GCO last year but didn't have the execution (or the WR or TE duo). Something to aspire to though. I like it.

Would like to see a kid like TJ Moe, WR from Missouri...5'11" 200 lbs, pretty fast , good hands (watched him make a great grab in the combine) and he is jacked (did about 25 reps at 174 lbs when other WR's were doing 12-16 reps). He reminds me of an Edelman type but stronger. Would make a decent slot WR (or #3 or 4 WR). I'm gonna follow him and see where he goes...intriguing and demonstrated some intensity at the combine.

Edited by BringBackFergy