Just when I think I am out they pull me back in

Gordio

I was a season ticket holder for 12 years before dropping them before the 2011 season. I got a call from my old season ticket rep yesterday at work saying that he has a great deal for me. He said I could purchase season tickets for the year for $225. Now the seats he was offering me were not great, in fact they are probably the worst seats or one of the worst seats in the house but spoke with 2 of my friends that dropped the seats along with me & they were like for that price let's do it. After hearing the price I thought they would be in the Rockpile(which if they were I would of been estactic) but he said no those are all sold out. They are in section 308 right on the ailse towards mid field row 31 which are a long way away from my old seats(section 108 row 21 right on aisle). My reasoning for renewing last few year I have went to 3 games each season and although they were better seats that I would sit in (always lower bowl between the 20's) I was spending $100 per game on the ticket. So for $75 less I get the whole season. Me & my friends will muck it up with the rift raft up in the nose bleeds. We will see how it goes. I doubt I go to every game but for this kind of money who cares. & if by some miracle they are still in playoff contention come December, I guess I will have to buy myself a pair of Carharts because it is going to be f*cking cold up there. haha. Anyways, even though these seats are the worst a season ticket holder could have, it feels good to be in the season ticket club again.

Edited by Gordio

I was a season ticket holder for 12 years before dropping them before the 2011 season. I got a call from my old season ticket rep yesterday at work saying that he has a great deal for me. He said I could purchase season tickets for the year for $225. Now the seats he was offering me were not great, in fact they are probably the worst seats or one of the worst seats in the house but spoke with 2 of my friends that dropped the seats along with me & they were like for that price let's do it. After hearing the price I thought they would be in the Rockpile(which if they were I would of been estactic) but he said no those are all sold out. They are in section 308 right on the ailse towards mid field row 31 which are a long way away from my old seats(section 108 row 21 right on aisle). My reasoning for renewing last few year I have went to 3 games each season and although they were better seats that I would sit in (always lower bowl between the 20's) I was spending $100 per game on the ticket. So for $75 less I get the whole season. Me & my friends will muck it up with the rift raft up in the nose bleeds. We will see how it goes. I doubt I go to every game but for this kind of money who cares. & if by some miracle they are still in playoff contention come December, I guess I will have to buy myself a pair of Carharts because it is going to be f*cking cold up there. haha. Anyways, even though these seats are the worst a season ticket holder could have, it feels good to be in the season ticket club again.

I just bought 2 more seats in those corner nosebleeds. (Up to 8) They aren't that bad. You actually see the game better there than in the Rockpile. I agree the wind is more brutal up there.

I only get to 3 games a season but I've had little trouble getting something for my unused seats. I even got something for the pre-seasons. (Thanks, Steeler fans) I look at it like the stock market. Buy low. As long as I can stay out of the red I'll keep buying seats. Then all the "real fans" can hate me for preventing them from taking their kids to a game. :cry: Sorry. Life can be hard.

PTR

I just bought 2 more seats in those corner nosebleeds. (Up to 8) They aren't that bad. You actually see the game better there than in the Rockpile. I agree the wind is more brutal up there.

I only get to 3 games a season but I've had little trouble getting something for my unused seats. I even got something for the pre-seasons. (Thanks, Steeler fans) I look at it like the stock market. Buy low. As long as I can stay out of the red I'll keep buying seats. Then all the "real fans" can hate me for preventing them from taking their kids to a game. :cry: Sorry. Life can be hard.

PTR

How do you get to the games? Do you fly in or drive? If you drive aren't you tired, especially after the game?