We'll need a CENTER (Draft or FA)

merlin

Anyone know of any hot FA or draft prospects at CENTER? I think that's what the Bills will wind up needing. I see Jonas Jennings moving on as a FA (to re-unite with Peerless in Atlanta), but I think Teague could be a reasonable starting LT ... so we'll need someone to replace him with at center.

Anyone got any ideas?

GO BILLS!

Anyone know of any hot FA or draft prospects at CENTER?  I think that's what the Bills will wind up needing.  I see Jonas Jennings moving on as a FA (to re-unite with Peerless in Atlanta), but I think Teague could be a reasonable starting LT ... so we'll need someone to replace him with at center.

Anyone got any ideas?

GO BILLS!

196273[/snapback]

Dominic Riaola and Casey Rabach both out there. None in college are THAT good.

Anyone know of any hot FA or draft prospects at CENTER?  I think that's what the Bills will wind up needing.  I see Jonas Jennings moving on as a FA (to re-unite with Peerless in Atlanta), but I think Teague could be a reasonable starting LT ... so we'll need someone to replace him with at center.

Anyone got any ideas?

GO BILLS!

196273[/snapback]

It's hard for me to imagine Teague playing LT in the Clements offense, an offense that would benefit mostly from a bulldozer at LT, someone along the lines of, let's say, a fit Mike Williams? That would make finding a RT in the draft or FA a much easier prospect, especially considering they'd be working next to our best OLineman. The position to watch in FA is LG- does this team truly believe they can polish up Tucker or will they make a move that indicates they feel a quality vet at LG would push the running O over the top?

It's hard for me to imagine Teague playing LT in the Clements offense, an offense that would benefit mostly from a bulldozer at LT, someone along the lines of, let's say, a fit Mike Williams? That would make finding a RT in the draft or FA a much easier prospect, especially considering they'd be working next to our best OLineman. The position to watch in FA is LG- does this team truly beleive they can polish up Tucker or do they see that a quality vet at LG would push the running O over the top?

196322[/snapback]

Agreed. Plus Teague was legit at C this year.

196333[/snapback]

He was average. H didn't get pushed over like a china doll, and wasn't snapping the shotgun snaps over Drews head. However, he still seems lost at sliding or picking up defenders to block.

196333[/snapback]

You have to have some amount of sympathy for any poor bastid who has to play alongside Pucillo. Mike clearly is not an NFL caliber lineman and his presence on our roster exposes how thin we are on our OG depth chart.

VA Bills-

I'd give him some credit for his feet- they use him a lot to break to the outside block on off-tackle runs and there's not a lot of centers who can get out there. If you go back to games and watch how many times a Willis run is spring for 8+ yards INSIDE of a Teague block you might give him a higher rating, at least in this run block first offense.

this looks like a strong LT draft, although the idea of starting a rookie with Bledsoe in the backfield is scary, I am wondering, if and when Moulds restructures his contract, could we then afford to resign Jennings, his value is greater than Williams. However I would love to have them both back. Jennings should not command the same amount of money as Light, but who knows.

Teague is not a LT.

I really feel that whether JJ leaves or not, we have our starting o-line on the roster already. Teague WILL NOT play LT, they have spent years acclumating him to become a good center. Mike Williams may move to LT, and Marcus Price fill the shoes of Jennings temporarily. IF teague, were to move to LT, no doubt Ross Tucker fills his shoes at center, tehy are very high on tucker's abilities. I think the real question is, who is a prospect at LG.