Simple poll

Mile High

Who would you like to see at the helm as our QB next year? If you select other please be specific.. Just curious.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see at the helm as our QB next year? If you select other please be specific.. Just curious.

• Bledsoe
    • Losman
    • Other/FA

I want to see the offseason and preseason/camp with JP as the starter and see if he can win/hold onto the job. Drew knows the offense so no need for him to start preseason games etc plus you can design offense around what JP can do. Than if by 3rd preseason JP hasnt proven he can do it than switch to Drew so that gets about 2 weeks with number 1 squad. I would like to see a younger say 28 or so backup as well in camp someone who has shown they have football smarts to along with Drew help JP do it.

Out with the old and in with the new... We already know what bledsoe is capable of, lets give the rook a try. Give him a chance like we did when beldsoe was 0-4, and see what he can do, if he's sucking it up, there's always drew to fall back on.

This seems like a real easy question to me because I would love to see the future start immediately and JP win the starting job and cause everyone to forget about Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and even Jim Kelly. I would think that all Bills fans outside of Bledsoe's parents would want that.

However, though I would love to see that, I doubt it will happen or should happen because as good as I think JP can be I don't think he is there yet. Just as happened with Tom Brady when Mo Lewis collapsed his lung, JP may be called upon to step up before he has gotten control of all the tools.

However, just as Brady came to glory not only because he has special talents for a QB, a real key for his development into the star he is today was:

1. The Pats used his injury to become a TEAM and they all picked up for each other and that got them through to the championship even though many of them had just joined the Pats as cap casualties.

2. He had great offensive and hC guidance from Weis and BB.

3. A wounded Bledsoe really worked with him and helped him to know and work for the offense. Even better, Bledsoe stepped in for Brady in a must-win game and delivered the goods and gracefully stepped aside like a teamer and turned the reins back over to Brady for the SB. Most athletes would have looked out for themselves first, but Bledsoe was a teamer all the way and I am glad it payed off for him on the field when he QB'ed the Bills to a big turnaround in their record in his first year and he earned his Pro Bowl nod.

It's been the pits for Bills fans since then and I really think we should have looked elsewhere for a starting QB last off-season. But I can't feel bad for him personally that it paid off for him financially as well and he once again QB'ed for us with a big turnaround in record. I think MM/Clements recognized that the best way to achieve a winning record with Bledsoe is not through depending on him to pull an Elway, but to use his extraordinary arm a change-up for the O and to depend upon all facets of the team to bring hime the bacon.

So here's another vote that I hope JP proves on the field to be the man, but I doubt that will happen out the box nect year and we are better off starting with Bledsoe if your goal is to win now.

It should be a crime to bump posts if you have nothing to say.

Regardless, I think what we need to do this offseason is simple. Losman is the guy that we WANT to start next year, but the facts point to the obvious fact that he just might not be ready yet.

Thus, we will also need to bring in a veteran FA, like Jon Kitna or even Kurt Warner, who could compete for the job and, were he to win it, would be servicable until Losman is ready.

I don't think this team will support Drew Bledsoe much longer. Eric Moulds has become noticably tired of his antics. He even said if things didn't improve (reading between the lines: the offense [reading between the lines: the quarterback]) , he might have to reconsider his choice to stay with Buffalo.

But Moulds is now saying he wants to restructure and stay, and on the same day, Donahoe voices his displeasure with Bledsoe. They might be connected.

I like Drew as a person, but as a quarterback - we simply need to go in a new direction.

This a loaded question.

You stick with Bledsoe you know what you will and will not have.

You a chance to make the playoffs, 10-6 is likely as good as a gets.

If you pick Losman, he's going to make a lot of mistakes, look way over his head at times and the Bills offense will struggle unless you have a fantastic, and consistnt running game, like Pittsburgh. Best record likely will be 8-8 and I can't see the playoffs.

We all know other isn't even an option so why bother, but since you left OTHER as a choice, could I take Peyton, or Brady?