The Draft, what are our needs?

Mickey

If you are looking for a shifty/change of pace guy, I would go with Darren Sproles of Kansas State.  He is much in the Barry Sanders mold. 

The Sproles/McGahee combo would be a lot like Dunn/Duckett in Atlanta.

Another bonus:  You could pick up Sproles in rounds 4-6 probably.  Use those higher picks on other positions, OL, DBs.

195460[/snapback]

How about Moats from La Tech?

I think they will want a 3rd down back.  MM's system is heavily reliant on "packages", personnel sets for various situations.  Henry was the 3rd down back before he got hurt and S.Williams was afterwards.  That means they need a guy with soft hands and who can pick up blitzers.  A free agent might be just the ticket here so we don't have to wait for a rookie to learn blitz pick-ups.  We have enough trouble already protecting the QB.

195551[/snapback]

I think McGahee was the 3rd down back before Henry got hurt. Just like Morris/Centers were when they were here. I rarely recall Henry in on 3rd downs, when it wasn't an obvious passing down. (Of course w/ Gilbride, every 3rd down was a passing down)

I keep hearing that this draft isn't deep.  If that's true it probably makes no sense to trade into the first round anyway

195400[/snapback]

Well, last year's draft offerings were pretty good, but they managed to wheel 'n deal themselves down to 6 picks (with 2 of those in the 7th round), and were shut out of rounds 5 and 6.

I don't know if they have any extra picks this coming draft, so unless so, they are at six picks again.