OT: Carnivale

BillsNYC

Watched all of season one on ON DEMAND last month to see what the hype was about. Best series on TV.

The trailer for the new season has Appolonia, Sophie, and Jones in it, all looking very much alive. I thought they all died in Appallonia's trailer fire?

What is it?

195917[/snapback]

Based in the dust-bowl 30s. Weird Carnivale picks up a kid who has special powers (ie raise the dead), and it turns out many of the carneys have some direct tie to the kid's father, who also had the power. Very well done, very weird, and very addicting by the middle episodes. My fiance and I watched all twelve episode on ON DEMAND in one weekend. I couldn't imagine having to watch it only once a week, but the new season starts Sunday. Looks like it will be pretty intense.

Based in the dust-bowl 30s.  Weird Carnivale picks up a kid who has special powers (ie raise the dead), and it turns out many of the carneys have some direct tie to the kid's father, who also had the power.  Very well done, very weird, and very addicting by the middle episodes.  My fiance and I watched all twelve episode on ON DEMAND in one weekend.  I couldn't imagine having to watch it only once a week, but the new season starts Sunday.  Looks like it will be pretty intense.

195936[/snapback]

Ah, i'll wait for the DVD I refuse to pay for HBO.

Ah, i'll wait for the DVD I refuse to pay for HBO.

195946[/snapback]

I said the same thing up until a couple months ago. HBO is putting out some very good programming now. Carnivale, Six Feet Under, Entourage, Deadwood, the Angels in America series. The On Demand feature is what we got it for. It's pretty worth it now.

I said the same thing up until a couple months ago.  HBO is putting out some very good programming now.  Carnivale, Six Feet Under, Entourage, Deadwood, the Angels in America series.  The On Demand feature is what we got it for.  It's pretty worth it now.

195963[/snapback]

Only thing is, by the time they get movies on, I've already seen them. And at $20 a month, I can't afford it. I don't watch much TV since I got my cablemodem anyway, playing games all the time.

Only thing is, by the time they get movies on, I've already seen them. And at $20 a month, I can't afford it. I don't watch much TV since I got my cablemodem anyway, playing games all the time.

195978[/snapback]

The future wife and I are movie junkies. We have HBO On Demand and we have Netflix. And we go to the movies once a week. The On Demand has been good for checking out the HBO series.

195978[/snapback]

You mean to tell me you can actually get sick of watching the movie "Big"?

:D

I only purchase HBO when the Sopranos are on... then its gone.