Our shot at a SB has passed.

Rayzer32

I look at it this way. I think this year, if we made the playoffs, may have been the best shot we will get for awhile, even with DB at the helm. Although, as he proved against Pitt, it is time to put Drew in the dryer because he is washed up.

JP may be the QB of the future, but I do not see him coming in right away and leading us to the promised land, especially being tutored by a one dimensional QB. He is going to need 2-3 years before we know if he is the one, although I hope I am wrong with this point. By the time we know if JP is the stud QB we have lacked since the Kelly days, our defense will be dismantled. No way we keep the same players we have now for another 3-4 years.

Not to mention the defense, Moulds will be long gone and Josh "butter fingers" Reed sucks and Lee Evans is not a #1 WR. So now we need a big #1 WR to go along with all the dominate defenseive players we will have lost.

So what we have to look forward to is possibly a stud at QB, a stud RB if healthy, not a real dominate #1 wideout, a defense that could be in shambles, no #1 draft pick this year, which hurts like hell (thanks TD), who knows about the K situation, although we could not possibly do any worse than Rian Missedwell. We should have decent ST and hopefully our coaching staff stays in tact. And a former #1 RB that won't get squat in a trade this year.

Is a SB in our near future? I think not, unless some miracle happens next year.

Believe it or not, I am a true Bills fan, but am not very optimistic until I see what JP brings to the table.

You know, there was a team that was 5-11 in 2000.  In 2001 they had to plug in a guy at QB who hadn't seen any time at all and had to learn on the job.  They went 11-5, made the playoffs, won the Super Bowl.  Nothing is impossible, especially not in this league.

194654[/snapback]

Two words "Bill Belichek"

Anyone who thinks this is our last shot is nuts. Our team will only be getting stronger. If the argument is that it'll take JP a while before we can win with him and the person making the argument also is not a drew-believer, I feel that is an impossible line of thought. Look at what guys like Big Ben and Drew Brees have done this year, and they've been pretty good. With our defense and running game we will be asking JP to do what Kyle Boller is doing in baltimore when he first starts for us. I have a hunch though that he will be capable of that at the very least. SO that would leave us where we're at now anyhow, but with a scrambling quarterback. As long as JP doesn't bust ultra-hard and we dont lose Jennings/Williams/Clements in the next 2 years, I'd say things are looking good for a while in Buffalo.

You know, there was a team that was 5-11 in 2000.  In 2001 they had to plug in a guy at QB who hadn't seen any time at all and had to learn on the job.  They went 11-5, made the playoffs, won the Super Bowl.  Nothing is impossible, especially not in this league.

194654[/snapback]

Look at Big Ben in Pittsburgh. With another year of Jim McNally running the O-line, a power running game, and a quarterback who can move around and sense the rush, I think the offense will be more than adequate under Losman to make the playoffs. People don't realize it now, but he detects the rush and senses the pressure even better than he throws or scrambles... The problem is going to be with Ralph Wilson - is he gonna want to throw in the towel on the Drew project?

I look at it this way.  I think this year, if we made the playoffs, may have been the best shot we will get for awhile, even with DB at the helm.  Although, as he proved against Pitt, it is time to put Drew in the dryer because he is washed up. 

JP may be the QB of the future, but I do not see him coming in right away and leading us to the promised land, especially being tutored by a one dimensional QB.  He is going to need 2-3 years before we know if he is the one, although I hope I am wrong with this point.  By the time we know if JP is the stud QB we have lacked since the Kelly days, our defense will be dismantled.  No way we keep the same players we have now for another 3-4 years.

Not to mention the defense, Moulds will be long gone and Josh "butter fingers" Reed sucks and Lee Evans is not a #1 WR.  So now we need a big #1 WR to go along with all the dominate defenseive players we will have lost.

So what we have to look forward to is possibly a stud at QB, a stud RB if healthy, not a real dominate #1 wideout, a defense that could be in shambles, no #1 draft pick this year, which hurts like hell (thanks TD), who knows about the K situation, although we could not possibly do any worse than Rian Missedwell.  We should have decent ST and hopefully our coaching staff stays in tact.  And a former #1 RB that won't get squat in a trade this year.

Is a SB in our near future?  I think not, unless some miracle happens next year.

Believe it or not, I am a true Bills fan, but am not very optimistic until I see what JP brings to the table.

194628[/snapback]

this is just silly.

do you know that probably 99% of all preseason publications predicted the Chargers would finish last in the AFC this year? Not the AFC West....but the entire AFC.

I know the Chargers havn't made it to the Super Bowl yet...but the point is....you can't judge success and failures from one season to predict the next.

this is just silly.

do you know that probably 99% of all preseason publications predicted the Chargers would finish last in the AFC this year?  Not the AFC West....but the entire AFC.

I know the Chargers havn't made it to the Super Bowl yet...but the point is....you can't judge success and failures from one season to predict the next.

194738[/snapback]

WHAT! You mean it's too early to tell what's going to happen next year? :blink:

Drew Brees is a BUST! SD obviously needs a QB!

WHAT!  You mean it's too early to tell what's going to happen next year?  :blink:

Drew Brees is a BUST!  SD obviously needs a QB!

194746[/snapback]

don't go around sayin sh-- like that, otherwise people will take you seriously and be like "MAYBE WE SHOULD TRADE DREW TO SD!!!"

Then there'll be that to deal with.

don't go around sayin sh-- like that, otherwise people will take you seriously and be like "MAYBE WE SHOULD TRADE DREW TO SD!!!"

Then there'll be that to deal with.

194762[/snapback]

Oh, yesterday we had Drew and Travis going to the Bears for a #2 AND a #3. There'll be no car unmoved on the retard rollercoaster before next season's opener. :blink:

Oh, yesterday we had Drew and Travis going to the Bears for a #2 AND a #3.  There'll be no car unmoved on the retard rollercoaster before next season's opener.  :w00t:

194768[/snapback]

I nominate this for Post of The Year!!!

Retard rollercoaster... LMAO :blink:;)

well, the "special" people always get to go to the front of the line and ride the coaster first, so I'd imagine the line for this monstrosity could be quite the disaster itself, let alone the actual coaster.