Alright I was patient enough

Mile High

I put a question on the consumer digest board about downloading music over the internet. No one obviously goes there and that was like 3 days ago. (thanks Fezmid) Anyway what site do you guys use that is safe and fairly cheap? I just got an Ipod for Christmas and want to put some music on it. Thanks. :D

My sisters use the one by Real PLayer i think... Its called Rhapsody.. gives you instant (seriously, i dont know how it works) listen to the whole song. It obviously streams, but it starts as SOON as you click.

Anyway, its $9 a month plus $.89 a DL? Its just good because if you have your computer hooked to a surround sound, you can just listen to all the songs.

You can only burn or DL if you pay.

iTunes is good too.

$1 a song is alot, but its better than $12 for a CD that you like 2 songs off of.

Then again, not buying CDs means you wont hear any music from artists except for the ones on the radio . .

$1 a song is alot, but its better than $12 for a CD that you like 2 songs off of.

Then again, not buying CDs means you wont hear any music from artists except for the ones on the radio . .

194475[/snapback]

this is exactly why it is worth .99 per song.

and i don't know where you are buying $12. CD's but most new releases are $15+

I might be wrong, but I don't think that RealPlayer and iPods play nice together without some serious mods (if at all).

I used to subscribe to emusic.com when they offered unlimited downloads. Now I think it's $9.99/mo for 40 downloads. When I subscribed it was mostly independent/small labels. Not sure if their library has expanded since.

Edited by MattyT

I might be wrong, but I don't think that RealPlayer and iPods play nice together without some serious mods (if at all).

Well, no matter how you DL the song, if you have it in MP3 format, you can ad it to iTunes (included with iPod) and add the song.

Seriously, iTunes couldn't be any easier. Really.

Well, no matter how you DL the song, if you have it in MP3 format, you can ad it to iTunes (included with iPod) and add the song.

Seriously, iTunes couldn't be any easier. Really.

194496[/snapback]

That's the thing. RealPlayer (like Apple) uses a propriatary file format...not mp3. For a while Real got around Apple's protection, but I think Apple has since patched iTunes to lay the smackdown on that.

Yeah. Here's the link. Slashdot

Edited by MattyT

I put a question on the consumer digest board about downloading music over the internet.  No one obviously goes there and that was like 3 days ago.  (thanks Fezmid)  Anyway what site do you guys use that is safe and fairly cheap?  I just got an Ipod for Christmas and want to put some music on it.  Thanks.  :P

194459[/snapback]

Apparently, there are sites where you don't have to pay anything. Then, you can teach your children how to do it and tell them it's not stealing if they don't get caught. :D

Apparently, there are sites where you don't have to pay anything.  Then, you can teach your children how to do it and tell them it's not stealing if they don't get caught.  :D

194527[/snapback]

My dead horse needs some beating when you're done here.