Chan's statements

vegas55

Unless that new GM was the man hired away from the Steelers a few years ago who is the most likely candidate. In house hiring seems to be the policy of Ralph for the GM spot since Donahoe damn near buried the franchise, so I would assume if this were the case Doug Whaley would be the next man for the job

My first thought is that if Nix was out that Whaley would be the man for the job, but would that be fair to Whaley to promote him, but tell him, "you're keeping Chan". Would Whaley even be okay with that, and if he was, doesn't that make him just another yes man??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't really know enough about Whaley to make that call do we? However another yes man would continue the post Donahoe pattern.

You're right, we don't. I honestly am among those who think giving Whaley a shot at GM would be a good move. However, I guess that if he were to be promoted to GM, yet Chan stayed, it would give me the impression that he was forced to keep Chan from the higher powers that be. But, maybe Whaley thinks Chan is a good coach? I dunno...

I'm sorry, I can't believe that Clayton's comments are being discussed more....am I the only one who isn't really curious about his statements??

No you're not.

I totally and completely distrust Clayton's statements.

I think there's a much better chance that Nix is given the opportunity to make one more head coaching hire.

If I'm betting, I'm putting my money on Nix being here next year and Gailey being gone.