The mystery of Peyton Manning

kota

The reason why Manning has done so well this year is because he calls the offensive plays. It was the same thing when Kelly ran the KGun offense. Manning has talent just like every other player in the NFL. He has a solid arm, and the intellegence needed to manage his offense.

Manning himself has said that the reason why the offense is so explosive is because of this. Manning is the master of his offense but he it is more of a committee. In an interview he says his playmakers (Harrison, Stokley, James) give him a ton of input. Harrison will flat out tell peyton in the huddle that he can beat such and such player.

I would be curious to see if Bledsoe would be able to call his own plays.

Even GW didn't come up with that one.

Bledsoe calling his own plays would make me sick to my stomach before every snap. I think drew does a lot better by being handed the ball and pointed ina certain direction.

When the bills ran the hurry up in san fran, who called the plays?  Did they come in from the bench?

Regardless, you don't hand the keys over to your kid unless they proove very compitnent.  Manning is an offensive genius bledsoe really is not.

192818[/snapback]

Some, if not all, of the plays may have been scripted with obvious adjustments made by Drew. Not positive tho.

Even GW didn't come up with that one.

Bledsoe calling his own plays would make me sick to my stomach before every snap.  I think drew does a lot better by being handed the ball and pointed ina  certain direction.

192799[/snapback]

Why would it make you sick to your stomach? Doesn't it always work whenever Drew audibles out of a running play and into a pass??? I don't know what you're talking about, man.

Darin,

I actually meant when Bledsoe ran it this year.

John

192827[/snapback]

A no huddle offense doesn't work if Bledsoe has to wait for the call from the sidelines. I am sure there is a set number of plays for DB to run if they are in no huddle mode.

Bledsoe can read defenses 8 out of 10 times according to Sam Wyche. Personally, I think Bledsoe would xcel at calling his own plays.