Food for thought on rushing 5 or more

Virgil

Many of us, myself included, have been upset with the lack of blitzing done by Wanny. The other day I was watching NFL network and they were talking about the Texans defense, who is known for their blitzing.

When sending 5 or more guys, the Texans give up a league leading 30% 20+ yard passing plays due to weaker coverage in the secondary.

I'm not saying we don't need to blitz more. I think the Texans are one extreme and we are the other and we need to find an inbetween somewhere.

Again, just found that interesting

Have stats on how many big plays the Bills currently give up? I'd bet we're up there...

Any stats on how many first downs the Bills give up on 3rd and long? It's probably stomach-turning.

I'm willing to give up a few long plays (nothing new here) if it means a 70% increase in stops on 3rd down.

I am not sure why this is still the general thinking.

Dave has started to create a bunch of mismatching lately. I also suspect he will back off it too. s the defense gets more and more comfortable.

HIs confidence (lack of ) in the corners i would guess is how he started the season and played so vanilla i wanted him fired.

But the players ar developing confidence and trusting , and the D is improving.

And we have been stunting twisting and some blitzing. Hell i saw Byrd last week up on the line.

and i have seen the whole line standing at the snap. He is mixing it up Now.

I agree though we should sell the blitz. and even use it.

About time for Moats as blind side working with Kyle Moore, maybe ? ooh thats gotta hurt

I wanted the Bills to blitz more earlier in the season but I also added that I wanted them to stunt more too.

It seemed early on with an apparently injured Mario Williams and an ineffective group in general that Wanny would always rush them straight up.

It wasn't working. I thought he went to more stunting as the season progressed but legitimately that could be because the D was learning the Wanny defense and hadn't progressed too deeply in the playbook.

Personally I thought he had his defense poorly prepared to start the season.