Could moulds be traded?

freester

It is complex.  If he refuses to restructure his contract that will mean that He wants out of Buffalo.  Ultimately he will absolutely have to restructure if he wants to play next year.  Buffalo or not.

192668[/snapback]

I could see trading him and travis to the raiders for there 1st round pick

I could see trading him and travis to the raiders for there 1st round pick

192711[/snapback]

I would do it. But we would have to replace Moulds this year, through free-agency. Muhhamed is a FA, and he won't cost 7.5 million. Draft a OL with the pick. The best OL in the draft, we can shuffle the line.

Maybe they would throw in phillip buchanan

192718[/snapback]

My friend, I am sorry. I mean it, because I was being a wiseass.

What I should have said is that there in no way in hell the raiders would give a top 10 pick for an old, overpaid receiver and a marginal running back.

I would make that deal only if the raiders threw in Gallery and a second round pick as well.

192714[/snapback]

If Moulds played for NE, you would think he was garbage. He dropped more passes this year than he did in his career. He isn't fast enough to run by defenders. He can't seem to come down with those one on one balls anymore. He dropps way to many passes to be the possesion guy. Get a wr that has some hands and let Evans stretch the field, he is ready. Later Eric, hopefully next year I'll be watching the Willis McGahee show. Moulds is capable of putting up great numbers if you pass the ball alot. We don't and won't be. Use the money on a great TE.

My friend, I am sorry. I mean it, because I was being a wiseass.

What I should have said is that there in no way in hell the raiders would give a top 10 pick for an old, overpaid receiver and a marginal running back.

192720[/snapback]

Agreed

I am not down on him. He is a good wr. He is also not getting any younger, and over-paid.

192737[/snapback]

He stays in top shape all year round and is still a top ten receiver in the league even given his drops this year (which, of course, I will blame on Bledsoe). I think we need to make every effort to restructure him.....and I think we'll regret it big time if we lose him. The LAST thing Drew needs is fewer targets.

He stays in top shape all year round and is still a top ten receiver in the league even given his drops this year (which, of course, I will blame on Bledsoe). I think we need to make every effort to restructure him.....and I think we'll regret it big time if we lose him. The LAST thing Drew needs is fewer targets.

192747[/snapback]

Or maybe the opposite is true. Maybe the removal of his security blanket will force Drew to throw the ball to the receiver that is OPEN. Hmmmm.

Or maybe the opposite is true.  Maybe the removal of his security blanket will force Drew to throw the ball to the receiver that is OPEN.  Hmmmm.

192748[/snapback]

That's a bit of a reach. Drew barely has enough time to figure out where Moulds is, let alone having to find someone else........

That's a bit of a reach. Drew barely has enough time to figure out where Moulds is, let alone having to find someone else........

192762[/snapback]

WHAT? You've been dumping all over the guy like a seagull who ate a case of exlax and now you're saying he doesn't have adequate time? Hello?

I am not down on him. He is a good wr. He is also not getting any younger, and over-paid.

192737[/snapback]

Moulds is still very good. He works best when he sees a lot of balls thrown his way, but he can get cold and drop a few sometimes. Also, he didnt get as many TDs this year because Lee really emerged as a threat as well as the fact that we ran a lot more in teh red zone this year(thank god). I seriously doubt he is in a quick decline, look at what these other WRs have done while being accused of declining skills over the past few years.

Moulds is only like 30, some of these guys are older.

As for muhammed, hes a very good posession guy, but all in all moulds is significantly better. Muhammed gets to face softy corners in teh NFC and in his division in particular(best corner in the AFC south is probobly Ronde Barber).

Stats for other "older" WR's this season:

Rod Smith (age 34) : http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3328

Jimmy Smith(35) : http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2017

Marvin Harrison(32 & yeah alright hes a little better than moulds, but moulds never had a manning throwing to him): http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3514

Joe Horn (32: Id say he is most comparable to moulds in terms of skill, but moulds is more physical): http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3646

Isaac Bruce( 32 ): http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2914

WHAT?  You've been dumping all over the guy like a seagull who ate a case of exlax and now you're saying he doesn't have adequate time?  Hello?

192764[/snapback]

Yeah, he has nowhere near enough time to make a good read because of how slow he is. That's been my main criticism of him.......he moves and thinks at a level that is a notch below that of the game.

I forgot to add that restructing is a reality of the NFL nowdays: it is assumed by the player, his agent and the team most of the time that within a few years of signing a large contract, a restructuring will likely be nessessary. If moulds doesnt want to restructure it will probobly mean 1 of 2 things: either we didnt offer him a good enough deal on teh restructuring(recall a few years ago Randall godfrey restructured with the titans then they proceeded to cut him anyhow, so players are weary of what teams are up to) or 2: he doesnt want to be here anymore: in which case I say "good riddance" even though hes among my favorite players on the team. Still: If I was a betting man, id wager that we'd do a lot better with moulds than without him and Id be willing to be that hes enough of a team player to restructure if asked.