Just cost myself a playoff spot...I think

Buftex

So, I have had Cam Newton as my QB all season...Andy Dalton as my backup. All year, I have started Newton, even though Dalton was putting up better numbers...I was doing well in my league, tied for the best record at 7-2. Then, I lost two games in a row, and fell to the 5th playoff seed. So, I panicked this week...I didn't follow my own rule of sticking with my starters. I started Dalton, cuz I figured he had a sweet matchup against the Raiders defense...the Dalton and the Bengals got off to a huge start, and then ran the ball most of the second half...not bad though...Dalton still got me 26 pts, just above his 22 pt average...

So, tonight, I watch as Cam Newton has the first "Cam Newton" kind of game I had been waiting for all season...he scores 46 pts...I lose by 9 points...I fall to 7-5, with one game left in the season...against the toughest team in our league...I will likely fall to 7-6, and have to keep my fingers crossed for some others to lose, just to qualify for one of the last two playoff spots.

I hate myself! We play for a rather sizable pot ($11-1200 range) and I just ruined my chances...I am bummed...first the Bills...now this! I fire myself!

:death::bag:

UPDATE: because I know you all care:

Okay, so, I am 7-5...and the 5th seed...two teams that are 6-5-1 are battling it out for the 6th seed. If I am doing my math right, win the last week (a tall order) and I am definitely in...lose, and I am still in, as long as one of the 6-5-1 teams loses...if they both win, and I lose....I am out by half a game!

Edited by Buftex

So...you're in a good position to make the playoffs? The horror. Let me show you how a real rant nobody cares about is done.

I'm 4th out of 12 in points and I need to win to get to 5-8 and avoid being 1 of the 2 last place teams that has to pay the CBS website fee. 1st in points against by a mile obviously. The week I trade for Stafford? Why wouldn't LeShoure quadruple his TD total for the season when I need 1 stinkin' TD pass vs Jacksonville? Playing against Steve Smith? Why wouldn't he score his only TD of the season that week? Miles Austin vs Dez Bryant head to head? Why wouldn't the former go out in the 1st Qtr while the latter has the game of his life?

Bleh, f*** fantasy football.

Here is mine.... I am leading the division but tied with 2 others. I play the guy I am beating in points but the guy who I'm not is playing the worst team in the league. The tie breaker? Points. I need the worst team i nthe league to beat one of the tops and also win myself to get money.

My other league? Start 6-0 lose the next 4 2 of which are by less than 2 points. This week I play the leader of the division and am behind by only 1 game. Except last week he exploded for over 200 points so I can't catch him in points even if I beat him.

Long story short both of my money leagues I more than likely will finish tied for the division and still not get any money :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

So...you're in a good position to make the playoffs? The horror. Let me show you how a real rant nobody cares about is done.

I'm 4th out of 12 in points and I need to win to get to 5-8 and avoid being 1 of the 2 last place teams that has to pay the CBS website fee. 1st in points against by a mile obviously. The week I trade for Stafford? Why wouldn't LeShoure quadruple his TD total for the season when I need 1 stinkin' TD pass vs Jacksonville? Playing against Steve Smith? Why wouldn't he score his only TD of the season that week? Miles Austin vs Dez Bryant head to head? Why wouldn't the former go out in the 1st Qtr while the latter has the game of his life?

Bleh, f*** fantasy football.

So, let me get this straight...nobody wins any money, but the bottom two have to pay the CBS website fee? That kind of sucks. The ultimate Dick Jauron "just play not to lose" philosophy. Maybe I am misunderstanding... I feel your agony though...I haven't play Fantasy baseball in a long, long time..but in some ways, it is a little less flukish than Fantasy football. But, I do love FF!

Here is mine.... I am leading the division but tied with 2 others. I play the guy I am beating in points but the guy who I'm not is playing the worst team in the league. The tie breaker? Points. I need the worst team i nthe league to beat one of the tops and also win myself to get money.

My other league? Start 6-0 lose the next 4 2 of which are by less than 2 points. This week I play the leader of the division and am behind by only 1 game. Except last week he exploded for over 200 points so I can't catch him in points even if I beat him.

Long story short both of my money leagues I more than likely will finish tied for the division and still not get any money :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

That sucks. In our league, we have 3 divisions...the division winners all automatically make it in, even if their record is worse than somebody else who is not a division winner. One guy is winnig a division at 6-5-1, but all of the other teams in his division are sub .500, and he gets to play them twice...my division, the last place team is 6-6...of course, I guess I can't complain too much...I am only 1-4 in my division...probably 1-5 after this coming Sunday. So, I beat up on the other divisions, but can't really compete with the teams in my division!

So, let me get this straight...nobody wins any money, but the bottom two have to pay the CBS website fee? That kind of sucks. The ultimate Dick Jauron "just play not to lose" philosophy. Maybe I am misunderstanding... I feel your agony though...I haven't play Fantasy baseball in a long, long time..but in some ways, it is a little less flukish than Fantasy football. But, I do love FF!

?? 1st, 2nd & most reg. season points all win $. Last two paying the web fee is actually a good idea as it helps prevents tanking. It just takes a freak parlay for it to happen to the 4th highest scoring team.

Update: phew....beat my opponent (the #1 team in the league) by a score of 155-124...

Cam Newton (34pts) coming on at the rigth time for me...also, Texans D, (which had gotten me a combined 1 point over the last two weeks) got me 25 pts, Jason Hanson -18pts...and, right before kickoff, I changed my Flex player from Ryan Broyles (3 pts yesterday) to Bryce Brown, who got 31pts.

So, in the end, I got in on my own...needed no help from anyone else...kind of worried about week 1 of the playoffs...most of my key guys have tough matchups...my foe looks to have better matchups...on top of that, I am 0-2 against him this year...

Update: phew....beat my opponent (the #1 team in the league) by a score of 155-124...

Cam Newton (34pts) coming on at the rigth time for me...also, Texans D, (which had gotten me a combined 1 point over the last two weeks) got me 25 pts, Jason Hanson -18pts...and, right before kickoff, I changed my Flex player from Ryan Broyles (3 pts yesterday) to Bryce Brown, who got 31pts.

So, in the end, I got in on my own...needed no help from anyone else...kind of worried about week 1 of the playoffs...most of my key guys have tough matchups...my foe looks to have better matchups...on top of that, I am 0-2 against him this year...

Injuries killed me this year. Sadly, first time not making the playoffs in a while.

I'm ahead 15 got Bradshaw in a ppr vs. griffin. I'm also ahead enough points for my tie breaker due to some miracles! Need Bradshaw to our score Cruz by 7 in the second half to get the w. for my fingers crossed!

Good luck~!

Injuries killed me this year. Sadly, first time not making the playoffs in a while.

Jeez, I just went and looked at your team...you aren't exaggerating...injuries did kill you. MJD, McFadden...DeSean Jackson! Nuts. In some ways though, having a guy get injured, instead of just sucking, is better..at least you know you won't get anything from him and you can start someone else...of course, in our league the roster depth is pretty thin.

Good luck~!

Jeez, I just went and looked at your team...you aren't exaggerating...injuries did kill you. MJD, McFadden...DeSean Jackson! Nuts. In some ways though, having a guy get injured, instead of just sucking, is better..at least you know you won't get anything from him and you can start someone else...of course, in our league the roster depth is pretty thin.

Jordy was out a while too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.