Will Kerry go the way of Dukkakis and Bush 41?

OnTheRocks

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
At the very least I think he's more honest than Kerry (i.e. more willing to be himself, rather than portray the image he thinks he should).  And smarter than Bush, his "I Have a Scream" speech notwithstanding.

15007[/snapback]

That's what it was all about with me. Howard never tried to be someone he wasn't, and Kerry is trying to be the next Kennedy (sans good programs). I was very upset when Kerry won Iowa after the scream thing.

On a national level, he's obviously not going to be successful, so I am glad he is back at home. He would have been eaten alive by the Bush smear machine, and I am so happy he's escaped relatively intact. :devil:

Well now I am confused: 

Are they Polly's

lemmings

hot pocket crowds

American Idol crowds

etc...

Make up your mind?  :)

15688[/snapback]

The American Idol crowd with a Hot Pockets mentality (get in, get out, gimme sound bites cuz my TV show is on) is what I consider to be the average Joe America sitting at home at night with a TV showing anything but news to his left, a computer researching anything but current events to his right and a hurricane headed right at them. :devil:

The Pollys and lemmings (though I don't really use 'lemmings' that much) are the Libs who take the time to read, take the time to study, take the time to watch the news and read the papers, take the time to research and make decisions, and then instead of developing original thought, repeat what they hear over and over and over because somehow their brain says they are not allowed to hold an intelligent conversation without falling back to the classic argument of "I know you are, but what am I."

By the way, you left out the assssholes, of which I believe you are one. :)

That's what it was all about with me. Howard never tried to be someone he wasn't, and Kerry is trying to be the next Kennedy (sans good programs). I was very upset when Kerry won Iowa after the scream thing.

On a national level, he's obviously not going to be successful, so I am glad he is back at home. He would have been eaten alive by the Bush smear machine, and I am so happy he's escaped relatively intact. :devil:

15693[/snapback]

I agree. Dean should have won the primary, and I've often wondered; if the primaries were held at once instead of going state-by-state, would Kerry have won without getting the boost he got from Iowa. It seemed to me that once he won Iowa, the rest of the country said, "Oh, we better vote for Kerry."

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I agree. Dean should have won the primary, and I've often wondered; if the primaries were held at once instead of going state-by-state, would Kerry have won without getting the boost he got from Iowa. It seemed to me that once he won Iowa, the rest of the country said, "Oh, we better vote for Kerry."

15715[/snapback]

To me, it has always been about vote Bush out, and I have said that several times. As in 1988, there really isn't a choice in my mind that is worthy of the office (ohh Dukakis was WORSE!). I am depressed about the whole thing, because I honestly don't think we will ever be presented with a candidate that is worth a crap anymore.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Spoken like a true Bills fan. :devil:

15780[/snapback]

YOWZA! That ALMOST was a great parallel to the quarterbacl situation, too!

To think I had to sit through that 3-13 season; the Falcons game ripped my heart out. Damn FEELY!!! Damn you to HELL!!!! hahaha not really :)

YOWZA! That ALMOST was a great parallel to the quarterbacl situation, too!

To think I had to sit through that 3-13 season; the Falcons game ripped my heart out. Damn FEELY!!! Damn you to HELL!!!! hahaha not really :devil:

15790[/snapback]

Yes, but at the end of the day...we DID sit through the 3-13 season and showed up to fight another day.

We may all differ on politics, but we're common in our dedication to the Bills.

You'd never see that from a Patsy fan.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Yes, but at the end of the day...we DID sit through the 3-13 season and showed up to fight another day.

We may all differ on politics, but we're common in our dedication to the Bills.

You'd never see that from a Patsy fan.

15834[/snapback]

I KNOW it. I HATE Taxachusetts, like a good Vermonter should.

I am the ONLY Bills fan in Vermont, I swear. I have to submit my pictures for OBD, cause Vermont is not represented!!! Check it out for yourself... hehe

I KNOW it. I HATE Taxachusetts, like a good Vermonter should.

I am the ONLY Bills fan in Vermont, I swear. I have to submit my pictures for OBD, cause Vermont is not represented!!! Check it out for yourself... hehe

15849[/snapback]

No.

My sister lives outside Burlington (Enosburg Falls)... Great because she has a view of Jay... Some of the best glade skiing in the east! Her husband is from VT... He has always been a Bledsoe fan... Has no animosity towards the guy and wants to see him succeed.

Their politics are liberal yet different. She is "Move VT Forward"... The bro-in-law is "Take VT Back"... Go figure?... Everybody outside VT is a "Flatlander" to him.

Its all the hippies that stayed from the 60's that changed VT? Now it is NH that scares me... Kinda like the Indiana of NE.

Both sister-in-laws live in Mass... People there just don't get it... Too much of a rush... Like the North Suburbs here in IL.

I made a lot of sweeping generalizations here, my purpose was NOT to offend... Okay, maybe a little :wacko::wacko::w00t:

Just spent some time at the family's ocean home in Hampton, NH... All in all it is a great place to visit... People there seem down to earth.

What part of VT are you from?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
No.

My sister lives outside Burlington (Enosburg Falls)... Great because she has a view of Jay... Some of the best glade skiing in the east!  Her husband is from VT... He has always been a Bledsoe fan... Has no animosity towards the guy and wants to see him succeed.

Their politics are liberal yet different.  She is "Move VT Forward"... The bro-in-law is "Take VT Back"... Go figure?... Everybody outside VT is a "Flatlander" to him.

Its all the hippies that stayed from the 60's that changed VT?  Now it is NH that scares me... Kinda like the Indiana of NE.

Both sister-in-laws live in Mass... People there just don't get it... Too much of a rush... Like the North Suburbs here in IL.

I made a lot of sweeping generalizations here, my purpose was NOT to offend... Okay, maybe a little  :wacko:  :huh:  :w00t:

Just spent some time at the family's ocean home in Hampton, NH... All in all it is a great place to visit... People there seem down to earth.

What part of VT are you from?

15977[/snapback]

Vermont has crazy left liberals, crazy righties, and a LOT of moderates like myself who are independent thinkers. The liberals here always seem to flash their opinions, but it's the silent majority that make the state run :wacko:

NH is really sucking up the business community, trying to become the growth state of NE at any cost. Someday they will regret selling out to make a buck; their standard of living will suffer. :huh: Vermont keeps their small businesses at the expense of growth. It's truly a tourist paradise, hardly any strip malls :wacko:

I'm in the northeast part of the state, called the Northeast Kingdom. It's mostly conservative there... my uncle is a state representative, and he's a Republican.