Defense Wins Games & Championships !!

T master

No truer words have ever been spoken than "Defense Wins Championships" & given that this year if the D would have shown up in full force instead of just a couple carrying it we would be at least at .500 .

Both NE games we should have won , the Titans game we should have won so right there we would be instead of 3 & 7 we would be 6 & 4 ...

Those 3 games were totally on the D !! OK Fitz did throw a stinker at the end of todays game but for god sake what more can the guy do 377 yds & 2 td's plus what ground td's we had , just hang the guy up side down & cut his jugular for christ's sake ..

When are all you haters gonna start calling a spade a spade , sure i don't think Fitz is the long term answer at QB but are you going to get a guy that can put up 50 + every game cause if you can't & in the case of the first game with the Pats even if the new guy would put up 50 we still would have lost due to the 52 points that the Pats put up in the last half of the game .

Gailey needs to take a long hard look at the D & if Buddy is the half the guy i think he is despite what Chan thinks , Buddy being a defensive minded football guy Wanny is gone after this year !! If you have the talent that we have on this D & the scheme doesn't fit your done . I would really like to see what Fewell would be able to do with these guys ..

Glad u bring up the talent (or lack thereof) of the defense. Sure our scheme is pure vanilla. But I have never seen a worse back 7 in all my years of watching football. Our LB's made no plays today. And neither did our secondary. Barnett, Scott, Sheppard, Bradham and Moats collectively are the worst in the league. They can not cover anyone, don't rush the passer and do not fill any holes. Anytime the Pats needed a big run they got it. Barnett has regressed dramatically this year. He continuously gets mauled by O lineman near the line of scrimmage and can not disengage to make a play. And his pass coverage skills are gone. Cut his butt. He is a disgrace. The rest of them have no clue, and are incredibly limited athletically. As for the secondary, it is almost laughable having Gilmore, McKlevin and Rogers as our top three corners w Wilson, Byrd and Searcy at safety. None of these guys should be starting on an NFL team. And looking at our D line the effort is marginal except for Kyle Williams. He plays as hard as anyone in the NFL on every play. But after him, there is next to nothing in talent and effort on this defense. (what will it take to light a fire under M Williams and Dareus)

Buddy and Chan have done a horrible job w this defense. They play scared, timid and clueless. Sure Wannstadt has not done a good job. But there is almost nothing to work with here. Just no athletes and playmakers on the defense. I would not mind getting rid of our entire linebacking core and secondary including Gilmore. He is a first round pick w the skills of a late rounder. Our defense is probably the worst in the NFL. Possibly one of the worst of all time when looking at the numbers they have allowed. Lots of work to be done.

Glad u bring up the talent (or lack thereof) of the defense. Sure our scheme is pure vanilla. But I have never seen a worse back 7 in all my years of watching football. Our LB's made no plays today. And neither did our secondary. Barnett, Scott, Sheppard, Bradham and Moats collectively are the worst in the league. They can not cover anyone, don't rush the passer and do not fill any holes. Anytime the Pats needed a big run they got it. Barnett has regressed dramatically this year. He continuously gets mauled by O lineman near the line of scrimmage and can not disengage to make a play. And his pass coverage skills are gone. Cut his butt. He is a disgrace. The rest of them have no clue, and are incredibly limited athletically. As for the secondary, it is almost laughable having Gilmore, McKlevin and Rogers as our top three corners w Wilson, Byrd and Searcy at safety. None of these guys should be starting on an NFL team. And looking at our D line the effort is marginal except for Kyle Williams. He plays as hard as anyone in the NFL on every play. But after him, there is next to nothing in talent and effort on this defense. (what will it take to light a fire under M Williams and Dareus)

Buddy and Chan have done a horrible job w this defense. They play scared, timid and clueless. Sure Wannstadt has not done a good job. But there is almost nothing to work with here. Just no athletes and playmakers on the defense. I would not mind getting rid of our entire linebacking core and secondary including Gilmore. He is a first round pick w the skills of a late rounder. Our defense is probably the worst in the NFL. Possibly one of the worst of all time when looking at the numbers they have allowed. Lots of work to be done.

This