Nate Silver Excuses Documented Here

The answer is basically "just because." Most states want to throw them all behind one guy I guess.

Does it really matter. Kinda like the NHL going w/a different point system. There may be some subtle nuances to be achieved... But it still boils down to the same results. No? Maine and Nebraska still break them apart by density?

Ok Moron.

Just effing w/you... There might be some benny to breaking the votes apart... In the end, it is still winner take all, zero-sum game.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine strategist meetings in Dem circles going "who can we get, how can we build a coalition"

In GOP circles it must be "you need to say/believe x, y, z to keep our base, then try your best after that"

I see just the opposite.

Quotes from Fox News : "Republicans need to try harder to get the black/latino vote", "Republicans need to court the female vote"

Obama just tries his best to be fair to all and to allow them their rights and shot at the American dream. People respect him for that.

I see just the opposite.

Quotes from Fox News : "Republicans need to try harder to get the black/latino vote", "Republicans need to court the female vote"

Obama just tries his best to be fair to all and to allow them their rights and shot at the American dream. People respect him for that.

Note: "need to" not "are"

That's the debate they will have now "how can we not be !@#$s on a couple really stupid issues we've been !@#$s on"

:lol: ...awesome!

did anyone see the article about the 10 wealthiest counties in the us going 8/10 for obama. included were fairfax and loudon in va. wonder how the repub strategists explain this and how they try to "correct" it. i think it implies an education level difference in voters not anticipated by the republicans, the demographic details don't seem to be available yet.

Edited by birdog1960

:lol: ...awesome!

did anyone see the article about the 10 wealthiest counties in the us going 8/10 for obama. included were fairfax and loudon in va. wonder how the repub strategists explain this and how they try to "correct" it.

Did you hear that mitts grandfather practiced polygamy ?

What drives your hatred of Mormons?

Ooo ooo Mr. Kotter! Can I answer?

Not Mormons in general, BUT limo Mormons like Mitt. Then there is the batt schitt crazy (people hate competition 0:)-_- ) part, even more than other religions (like Christianity) that the stories even wackier. Come on? Golden Plates in Palmyria? At least the Ark is in Turkey... Far away, makes an urban legend seem more plausible. Palmyria, New York? That is a little to close to Bills/Sabres turf. I jest of course... :nana:

Anway... This whole Mitt run... I learned a little more about Mormonism than the stereotypical hatred and history that has been spread. At least we have our own little theocracy in Utah. And... How much more of the "American spirit" can the Mormons be defined with? They got the concept nailed down!

Yes because all the other religions are backed in strong logic.

Hey... I elluded to that point... I did say the Ark was in Turkey. :D

On the believable scale... They are all off the rocker w/storys... BUT Mormonism stories rank right up there w/the Fox sisters and Spiritualism... Except that it hasn't been exposed as a total hoax (like Spiritualism). Come on... Jesus walking on the Dead Sea is half believable given the science surrounding the nature of that sea. I gotta cut the Joseph Smith some slack... Maybe he stumbled onto to some French survey markers or something and couldn't read the inscriptions... Then lost them?

Hey... I elluded to that point... I did say the Ark was in Turkey. :D

On the believable scale... They are all off the rocker w/storys... BUT Mormonism stories rank right up there w/the Fox sisters and Spiritualism... Except that it hasn't been exposed as a total hoax (like Spiritualism). Come on... Jesus walking on the Dead Sea is half believable given the science surrounding the nature of that sea. I gotta cut the Joseph Smith some slack... Maybe he stumbled onto to some French survey markers or something and couldn't read the inscriptions... Then lost them?

I've been in the dead sea and no it's not believable.

I don't care to explain it b/c I don't care to think about it and it doesn't matter. I do somehow, for no real reason, find Mormonism to be extra ridiculous. Maybe the more recent the religion the more ridiculous it is simply b/c it had more developed people when it was first pitched (theoretically of course) and it had less of a time to be ingrained into that "just always was true" status that grants cover for deserved skepticism. Doesn't really mean I don't respect people's ability to believe whatever of course. Just my take on various levels of "what slack something deserves" ...