YOU GUYS SHOULD BE VERY HAPPY FOR THIS SEASON!

It's the ease of life these days.  It's led to the complete lack of patience/virtue and the idea that everyone should have a Benz in their driveway at 23.

191119[/snapback]

oh, Darin - how, oh how do you do it? You're just the most patient, knowledgeable, virtuous fan of all time.

How can we nay-sayers ever hope to become a fan like you?

Please - tell me....

well said.

It's not about the destination, it's about the ride.

191123[/snapback]

this coming from a man who has obviously never driven in a station wagon from Buffalo to Disney World. Believe me, some times it's about the destination.

oh, Darin - how, oh how do you do it? You're just the most patient, knowledgeable, virtuous fan of all time.

How can we nay-sayers ever hope to become a fan like you?

Please - tell me....

191126[/snapback]

I wanted to be the most patient, knowledgeable, virtuous fan of all time. Darn. And you can be the most whiny, wishy-washy fan of all time OK?

It's the ease of life these days.  It's led to the complete lack of patience/virtue and the idea that everyone should have a Benz in their driveway at 23.

The BILLS may not win a SB before I'm pushing up daisies but I'll enjoy the emotion I expend on them (good and bad), nonetheless.

191119[/snapback]

That's all well and good for a whippersnapper of your young age, kid.

For those of us at midlife (yes, I'm only gonna make it to 62 thanks to the bills), we don't have that long to wait!!

:)

Sorry to disappoint, but I have been a Bills fan for 44 years so I am able to put this in some perspective.  Except for the time right before the Kelly Super Bowl years, I have never seen the organization in better shape for next year then it is right now (except for 64/65), so while I am disappointed, I got to be excited about the Bills right up to the final on-sides kick and we are poised to be better next year.

If my only critieria in being happy about the Bills was a Super Bowl win, it would have been a long unhappy lifetime of rooting for the Bills.  Hell, I have wanted to have sex with Kim Bassinger for a long time too but I can be happy with less.

191082[/snapback]

As a kid growing up in WNY with the Bills and the Yankees showing up on my cable stations I've had two different fan worlds to enjoy- one with a championship winning tradition unrivaled in sports and one an inveterate workmanlike underdog. While my youth was spent with an equal passion for both teams, as an adult I find myself far more drawn to the Bill's organization, community and promise.

The team in '04 made a prideful run at the prize even though we're 5 or 6 roster spots away from fielding the type of complete teams that hold the top AFC spots right now. If there is anything I'll allow myself to be disappointed in this season it's been the limited but ugly segment of our fan base who have become increasingly hostile towards Bills players. Outside of this embarassing phenomenon I'm as proud of the '04 Bills as I have ever been of any of my Yankee teams- even the many of those who have come away on top of their sport. The trend for our football team is to the postive; I'll join you in the optimistic hope that was the original inspiration for the name taken from "fanatic", a derivative that is best described by how you, me and the vast majority of our community feel about the team that we love.

this coming from a man who has obviously never driven in a station wagon from Buffalo to Disney World. Believe me, some times it's about the destination.

191128[/snapback]

You've got a point there.

Although I did listen to the Bills comeback vs. the Oilers in the car on the way back from Florida. In that case I was enjoying the ride.

You've got a point there.

Although I did listen to the Bills comeback vs. the Oilers in the car on the way back from Florida. In that case I was enjoying the ride.

191176[/snapback]

Only if you tuned in from the 2nd half on. No way could anyone have made through the entire first half in a moving vehicle without causing some kind of suicidal road rage incident. Brutal.

As a kid growing up in WNY with the Bills and the Yankees showing up on my cable stations I've had two different fan worlds to enjoy- one with a championship winning tradition unrivaled in sports and one an inveterate workmanlike underdog. While my youth was spent with an equal passion for both teams, as an adult I find myself far more drawn to the Bill's organization, community and promise.

The team in '04 made a prideful run at the prize even though we're 5 or 6 roster spots away from fielding the type of complete teams that hold the top AFC spots right now. If there is anything I'll allow myself to be disappointed in this season it's been the limited but ugly segment of our fan base who have become increasingly hostile towards Bills players. Outside of this embarassing phenomenon I'm as proud of the '04 Bills as I have ever been of any of my Yankee teams- even the many of those who have come away on top of their sport. The trend for our football team is to the postive; I'll join you in the optimistic hope that was the original inspiration for the name taken from "fanatic", a derivative that is best described by how you, me and the vast majority of our community feel about the team that we love.

191169[/snapback]

Except for the part about the Yankees fan, I appreciate your post. I am not sure if fans hostility toward players is that new. I remember Jack Kemp getting booed because the fans wanted Tom Flores and at least, Lindell didnt get beat up like Booth Lustig.