Foodies: Help me commiserate

Dr. Fong

Sure but you want to keep the edges of the pot clean. Ideally you clarify it with a "raft" of ground beef, veggies and egg whites. Then you have a nice consommé but a real pain to make.

I am an amateur cook, can follow a recipe , but this term "raft" was new to me. Never have made a consommé , learn something new everyday..

And yes, does sound like a pain in da ass

I am an amateur cook, can follow a recipe , but this term "raft" was new to me. Never have made a consommé , learn something new everyday..

And yes, does sound like a pain in da ass

It is a pain but we called it liquid gold when it was done. Nothing like a pure clear consumme.

It is a pain but we called it liquid gold when it was done. Nothing like a pure clear consumme.

Will have to try some Sunday this winter whilist i wallow in self pity watching the Bills lose yet again and have plenty of booze.

BTW, does this look like a rather good recipe?

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/egg/egg0397/clarcons.html#axzz2ApdkSOlk

Also, i know highjaking the thread. But i got pretty lit the other night at a charity gig and ended up buying a lot of 9 Magnums. Being competive and drunk is not a good thing at these things when your wife is in the potty!

Will PM you the list of what I bought..you will either think me a very wise man...or a great fool indeed!

Will have to try some Sunday this winter whilist i wallow in self pity watching the Bills lose yet again and have plenty of booze.

BTW, does this look like a rather good recipe?

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/egg/egg0397/clarcons.html#axzz2ApdkSOlk

Also, i know highjaking the thread. But i got pretty lit the other night at a charity gig and ended up buying a lot of 9 Magnums. Being competive and drunk is not a good thing at these things when your wife is in the potty!

Will PM you the list of what I bought..you will either think me a very wise man...or a great fool indeed!

That recipe looks good. 9 Magnums? Yikes!!