Here's the plan

Billsrhody

I've gotten to the point where I am 90% sure that the bills have no shot at the playoffs now. The problem is, we have such an easy schedule after the by week that I can see this team winning 7 or 8 games and being just good enough to get the 15th overall pick in the draft.

This is what we needs to happen..

1) Go all out against the Texans and the Patriots and try to win one of those games. If we win one of those, I think we have an outside chance to finish with 9 or 10 wins and somehow squeeze into the playoffs.

2) If we lose to both the Texans and the Patriots, we need to bench Fitz and lose out in order to get a top 3 draft pick. We need to get a franchise QB in the draft, no matter what. We aren't going to do that by drafting at #10. If we lose the next two, we need to throw the season like the colts did last year in order to get a top flight signal caller that will be the face of our franchise for the next 12-15 years.

I know its not the most admirable thing to do, but this franchise has gone waay to long without a good QB. If we tank the rest of the way and draft a good QB, we'll be thankful for the next decade or more.

Edited by Billsrhody

I've gotten to the point where I am 90% sure that the bills have no shot at the playoffs now. The problem is, we have such an easy schedule after the by week that I can see this team winning 7 or 8 games and being just good enough to get the 15th overall pick in the draft.

1) Go all out against the Texans and the Patriots and try to win one of those games. If we win one of those, I think we have an outside chance to finish with 9 or 10 wins and somehow squeeze into the playoffs.

2) If we lose to both the Texans and the Patriots, we need to bench Fitz and lose out in order to get a top 3 draft pick. We need to get a franchise QB in the draft, no matter what. We aren't going to do that by drafting at #10. If we lose the next two, we need to throw the season like the colts did last year in order to get a top flight signal caller that will be the face of our franchise for the next 12-15 years.

Which one of next year's rookie QB's will get us the 40 ppg we'll need to have a winning season?

We need a new coaching staff that can start over with a new QB. After this year we should start fresh.

I think he's commenting on our abysmal defense

I got that much.. but that doesnt change the fact that we also need a new QB.

I know its not the most admirable thing to do, but this franchise has gone waay to long without a good QB. If we tank the rest of the way and draft a good QB, we'll be thankful for the next decade or more.

Point one is interesting. Since professional sports franchises are supposed to go "all out" for each and every game. That's the difference between success and **** teams like the Bills.

We need a new coaching staff that can start over with a new QB. After this year we should start fresh.

I got that much.. but that doesnt change the fact that we also need a new QB.

I agree that a new QB is vital I also agree that new coaching has to be priority number 1. I am convinced that when this team wins, it wins in spite of the coaching. I honestly can't remember the last time they won because they actually out coached the other team. The Bills need a coach who will not only impose his will on the other team but will also impose his desire upon his players. This team can win if put in position to, however I think they're rarely ever put in any position to win. As it stands, we're a throw first team that is built to run and a sit back and wait team that is built to get to the passer.

1) Go all out against the Texans and the Patriots and try to win one of those games.

At my job I show some 250 days a year. If I only had to show up for 3 hours 16x a year, I could probably "go all out"

So we dont need a QB?

Actually, I don't think we need a QB.

We need a defense that could at the VERY least be ranked in the top 22. If we had that AND the QB we have now, we'd be at 5-2, with a win over the Pats, a win yesterday, and may be, just may be 6-1 with a win over the Jets.

Our offense is the top 10 in points and yards. Our defense is the worst in the league, franchise history, league history.

So what do we neeeeeed? We neeeeeeeed a defense that can play.

A new QB, at this point, is a luxury.

Actually, I don't think we need a QB.

We need a defense that could at the VERY least be ranked in the top 22. If we had that AND the QB we have now, we'd be at 5-2, with a win over the Pats, a win yesterday, and may be, just may be 6-1 with a win over the Jets.

Our offense is the top 10 in points and yards. Our defense is the worst in the league, franchise history, league history.

So what do we neeeeeed? We neeeeeeeed a defense that can play.

A new QB, at this point, is a luxury.

We have a defense, we need new coaching. The talent is there to be a pretty good defense, we just have the worst scheme in league history.

No matter how you slice it we still need a QB. Fitz has not been good this year regardless of how the defense has played.

We have a defense, we need new coaching. The talent is there to be a pretty good defense, we just have the worst scheme in league history.

No matter how you slice it we still need a QB. Fitz has not been good this year regardless of how the defense has played.

And I'd grant you your opinion if it didn't differ with every soundbyte coming out of the locker room and with every actual analysis of our front seven I've read...

I agree that something has to be done coaching-wise, but the fact is, our guys are seemingly overrated--at least to the extent that they cannot execute the scheme.