The worst part of the 2012 Bills

billsfan714

Is how fast we went from----god were getting closer to being good, to holy cow we have a ton of holes. After free agency and the draft, Im sure a lot of fans were thinking this defense is fairly complete. The front 4 was going to be dominant with Mario, Marcel, Kyle back healthy and Anderson. The secondary with Byrd and Wilson, with Gilmore and a 2nd year Williams along with McGee and Leodis at a 3rd/4th corner along with Brooks and a 2nd year Rogers was going to be good The linebackers, while not great should be OK with Barnett, an improved Shep and younger draft choices of Bradham and Cardner to develop for depth along with Moats. Basically I think most people were thinking we get a good 2nd reciever and QB in 2013, this team could be really good.

Now I look at this team and I feel like were trying to go up an ice hill in roller blades. We take 2 strides foward, then slide back 4 steps. Strong safety is a need, every linebacker is a need. We have an aging Barnett for one more year after this, Shep is not an improving MLB, the other linebackers arent much. Morrison is an aging vet who doesnt get activated, taking up a roster spot of a younger player who we could at least develop. We have to resign Byrd.....McGee and Leodis will probably be gone creating 2 more holes to fill in the secondary with the draft.

The coaching and front office is "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". The same uninspired coaching hires. The worst part of some of these head coaching hires is this..........As bad as the HC's are, a lot of the coordinators they bring with them are even worse than they are. Anybody want to relive Dicks OC's?, the firing right before the season, on and on. Instead of Alex Van Pelt its just a different side of the ball with Wanny. The same drafting of building a team with corners and runningbacks. "He's a shutdown corner, with 4.4 speed who plays the run great!!!, then trading no. 1 rbs for 3s and 4s-----please spare me.

Its mind boggling that this team doesnt improve year after year, when this league gives higher picks to crappy teams. When this team spends money in free agency and its still the same old same old. We are defying the law of averages on how many years we go and still a big zero when it comes to improvement. Im not exactly sure what is the right answer, but if this was a multiple choice test, I know one of the choices, Chan and Buddy, is not the right answer.

It's true. We all had so much hope and it all came crashing down so quickly.

That front four should have been the best in the league. At least top 3. Wow, what a disappointment. Granted, Mario gets a lot of criticism because of his contract. He's not terrible if he's getting an average DE pay, but he's not worth what he's getting. The linebackers are the weakest point of our D, though. Bradham seems like he could develop into something. I want to give Shep another year. But yeah, it's bad right now.

Byrd is a MUST SIGN player this offseason. He has had some inconsistency this season, but overall he's still making big plays and is a huge piece to our D. Wilson needs to go and, like others, I think giving Aaron Williams a turn at SS could work. Gilmore is going to be great and I'm hopeful for Brooks. I'd really like to keep Leo, but as we saw today Brad Smith can also return kicks/punts and McKelvin isn't a great CB.

Our WR group really isn't bad. Our running game and O-Line (when healthy) is fantastic.

We got all hyped up for our D because of the two big signings and drafting Gilmore, but we shouldn't have expected a top 5 D. But we should have gotten better than this. And that differential falls on Wanny.

Chan's play calling can be brilliant, but he doesn't know how to manage a game.

Fitz isn't a QB that can take a team to a super bowl and it's not like we have a situation where our defense is so good the team doesn't need a fantastic QB (see: 2000 Ravens).

I mean, if we pull off a miracle victory at Houston or New England, I guess we're still in it this year. But that won't happen without some major changes over the bye week.