Will we go 7-0 that last games of the season? Look again for hope

In the old theory of quarters, we made it through the first quarter at .500

if you can stay at that level or higher for each quarter you are in good shape.

hopefully we can get 2-2 out of the next 4

if in that last 8, for instance instead of tearing off 7 straight, we go 3-1 and then 3-1 we end up at 10-6.

The season is not over despite a few (terribly) bad stretches of football on the books. I know that's possibly pushing it but really i still think 9-7 is possible

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, this season has 2004 written all over it...

Week Date Rec Opp Tm Opp

1 September 12 L 0-1 Jacksonville Jaguars 10 13

2 September 19 L 0-2 Oakland Raiders 10 13

3 Bye Week

4 October 3 L 0-3 New England Patriots 17 31

5 October 10 L 0-4 New York Jets 14 16

6 October 17 W 1-4 Miami Dolphins 20 13

7 October 24 L 1-5 Baltimore Ravens 6 20

8 October 31 W 2-5 Arizona Cardinals 38 14

9 November 7 W 3-5 New York Jets 22 17

10 November 14 L 3-6 New England Patriots 6 29

11 November 21 W 4-6 St. Louis Rams 37 17

12 November 28 W 5-6 Seattle Seahawks 38 9

13 December 5 W 6-6 Miami Dolphins 42 32

14 December 12 W 7-6 Cleveland Browns 37 7

15 December 19 W 8-6 Cincinnati Bengals 33 17

16 December 26 W 9-6 San Francisco 49ers 41 7

17 January 2 L 9-7 Pittsburgh Steelers 24 29

Edited by The Big Cat

Ugh, this season has 2004 written all over it...

Week Date Rec Opp Tm Opp

1 September 12 L 0-1 Jacksonville Jaguars 10 13

2 September 19 L 0-2 Oakland Raiders 10 13

3 Bye Week

4 October 3 L 0-3 New England Patriots 17 31

5 October 10 L 0-4 New York Jets 14 16

6 October 17 W 1-4 Miami Dolphins 20 13

7 October 24 L 1-5 Baltimore Ravens 6 20

8 October 31 W 2-5 Arizona Cardinals 38 14

9 November 7 W 3-5 New York Jets 22 17

10 November 14 L 3-6 New England Patriots 6 29

11 November 21 W 4-6 St. Louis Rams 37 17

12 November 28 W 5-6 Seattle Seahawks 38 9

13 December 5 W 6-6 Miami Dolphins 42 32

14 December 12 W 7-6 Cleveland Browns 37 7

15 December 19 W 8-6 Cincinnati Bengals 33 17

16 December 26 W 9-6 San Francisco 49ers 41 7

17 January 2 L 9-7 Pittsburgh Steelers 24 29

6 game winning streak towards the end in 2004

Hey guys anything is possible.

It most likely will be an ugly 5 game stretch. But November 15th will be the start of the season beby!!!

Host Miami. Just put a W. Home game (not exactly a gimme btw)

At Indy. Just put a W. Caveman (luck) needs more support.

Host Jags. Just put a W. Home game. They have mjd. If we commit to stopping only the running game, we're fine. Gabbert cant beat us in the air

Host St Louis. Just put a W. Sam Bradford will probably be injured as usual. (Actually believe it or not, this game is not a gimme)

Host Seattle. Win. Could be a loss, but who cares? Home game and they have to travel to the east???

At Miami. They will want a #1 draft pick by this point. Win.

Host Jets. They are just as pathetic as us. If my #s are right, we will need this game more. Win and you're in sceanrio. W

Just something to think about

I know as a fact there are some fans that just want a W, even if the season is over. If you're that type of fan, which btw, the bills can MAKE you to be that type of fan. Beg-for-any-type of win type of fan. Your dream will come true towars the end.

Hahahahahahaha. We'll probably lose to Miami, St Louis, NYJ, and Seattle.

Hard to relate to this thread because I haven't read the book necessary to participate..."Things Losers Say".

I mean seriously, who really cares about a soft schedule? I could care less about beating bad teams. I have watched this team beat bad teams and get crushed by good ones for WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long. It just further develops the pussification of this team and fan base to scrub the schedule for soft spots to somehow find some wins. F That! When is this damn team going to be a team that we can look at games on the schedule against other winning teams and be like we can and SHOULD win that game?

I mean you guys are looking a teams who are at or below .500 and still cant decide if we will get a win... that's how pathetic we have shown up in 2 key divisional games. This thread reminds of those people growing up who play video games and use the exploits or cheat codes because they are not good enough to play on their own. You guys are looking for soft spots on the schedule to manipulate that into hope...hope for what? A playoff berth where a good team would destroy us?

If we can not beat winning teams, then I don't care about the playoffs. I don't want to play the bottom of the barrel in the league just so we can get some false hope with some easy wins to be able to just say we made the playoffs. I want to play the good teams and I want to beat the good teams. I want this team to go into the playoffs and be a team that can do something about it when they get there. I want to be a team that we can believe in week in and week out against all competition rather than a team that when they travel to SF the conversation doesn't become "Man, I hope we can just make it competitive rather than another blowout".

People always ask me how I can still be a Bills fan, especially since I have never even been to Buffalo and grew up in CA. My answer is always simple...right about the time in the season where the Bills prove they still suck, NBA season begins and I have my Lakers and their 16 titles to cheer me up, especially since the Lakers frequently play on Sundays after the Bills games. I am still waiting for the day where the product on the field stops people from asking me this stupid question.

Hard to relate to this thread because I haven't read the book necessary to participate..."Things Losers Say".

I mean seriously, who really cares about a soft schedule? I could care less about beating bad teams. I have watched this team beat bad teams and get crushed by good ones for WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long. It just further develops the pussification of this team and fan base to scrub the schedule for soft spots to somehow find some wins. F That! When is this damn team going to be a team that we can look at games on the schedule against other winning teams and be like we can and SHOULD win that game?

I mean you guys are looking a teams who are at or below .500 and still cant decide if we will get a win... that's how pathetic we have shown up in 2 key divisional games. This thread reminds of those people growing up who play video games and use the exploits or cheat codes because they are not good enough to play on their own. You guys are looking for soft spots on the schedule to manipulate that into hope...hope for what? A playoff berth where a good team would destroy us?

If we can not beat winning teams, then I don't care about the playoffs. I don't want to play the bottom of the barrel in the league just so we can get some false hope with some easy wins to be able to just say we made the playoffs. I want to play the good teams and I want to beat the good teams. I want this team to go into the playoffs and be a team that can do something about it when they get there. I want to be a team that we can believe in week in and week out against all competition rather than a team that when they travel to SF the conversation doesn't become "Man, I hope we can just make it competitive rather than another blowout".

People always ask me how I can still be a Bills fan, especially since I have never even been to Buffalo and grew up in CA. My answer is always simple...right about the time in the season where the Bills prove they still suck, NBA season begins and I have my Lakers and their 16 titles to cheer me up, especially since the Lakers frequently play on Sundays after the Bills games. I am still waiting for the day where the product on the field stops people from asking me this stupid question.

I respect your post. I really do. I can relate to almost everything you said. Never been to Buffalo. Grew up in Ca. Now I just say, "Yeah I know, they suck." Except the Laker part. I'm a true blood Laker Hater. I wasnt always. But whatever, this is not twolakersdrive.com

By the way if a team can win 7 straight, that is not a bad team. Ala that stupid coach, "It's hard to win in the nfl"

Didnt the giants go on a mean streak to enter the playoffs last year? Wait, didnt they even witn the SB last year?

You may wanna edit your post Alpha

No edit required!

I hear ya Alpha. We have some common experiences, as I too grew up in CA (northern part) never been to NY. I am also a Lakers

fan...really looking forward to see the NEW team with Nash and Howard.

Back to your post. I agree completely. As for those SB winning Giants that went on that streak, didn't they have the advantage of

having a journey level QB, what was his name again?

Edited by kidprison

I respect your post. I really do. I can relate to almost everything you said. Never been to Buffalo. Grew up in Ca. Now I just say, "Yeah I know, they suck." Except the Laker part. I'm a true blood Laker Hater. I wasnt always. But whatever, this is not twolakersdrive.com

By the way if a team can win 7 straight, that is not a bad team. Ala that stupid coach, "It's hard to win in the nfl"

Didnt the giants go on a mean streak to enter the playoffs last year? Wait, didnt they even witn the SB last year?

You may wanna edit your post Alpha

Thanks for the reply and respect your comments. However, I don't see anything to edit.

To answer your question, in general winning 7 straight does not always mean you are a good team because the playing field is not equal. If those teams are bad, does it really mean that much? What if a boxer compiles a 20-0 record coming up against weak fighters, but once he starts fighting talent he goes 0-7 against real fighters...does that make him a good fighter because he beat 20 scrubs but lost to the legit guys? Just playing a numbers game, what if the Bills are the 8th worst team in the NFL and the 7 teams they beat are the 7 teams worse than them. Does that make them a good team if they are not capable of beating the other 24 teams in the NFL better than the Bills? No, they would still be the 8th worst team which puts them in the bottom 75% of the league even though they won those 7.

Not saying this example is exactly what the situation is, just saying beating bad teams does not necessarily make a team good. All you need to do is look at last year and a few years ago when we had Trent and we started 6-2. Just because a team strings a few games together or beats some bad teams does not mean they are good was my point. And the Giants have a substantially better QB, way better WR's, and an overall better team and staff and they beat good teams to make the playoffs.

When the fan base has to look on the schedule to try and find teams that are bad so we can get some wins then your team is not very good. And getting some easy wins does not equal a winning franchise nor the team I want. I want to be able to look at a schedule and know and believe that we can win each of those games and not be crazy in thinking that.

PS: Just to be clear, I would love to see us win those last 7 games...but I want to win those last 7 games because we are good, not because the teams we play are bad. And the reality to those that think we will win all 7 is that those teams are not nearly as bad as some HOPE them to be and will all be tough games for the most part because our team is not consistent or very good right now. Still plenty of time for this team to get their act together this season, and let's hope they do before its too late.

No edit required!

I hear ya Alpha. We have some common experiences, as I too grew up in CA (northern part) never been to NY. I am also a Lakers

fan...really looking forward to see the NEW team with Nash and Howard.

Back to your post. I agree completely. As for those SB winning Giants that went on that streak, didn't they have the advantage of

having a journey level QB, what was his name again?

Thanks, and yes they not only had Manning but Cruz and Nicks, both of which who are a upgrade over Stevie who is more of a low level #1 or pretty good #2. Not to mention Manningham who would also easily start here opposite Stevie, and he was their 3rd option. Its much easier to get hot when you have playmakers at the skill positions and a devastating DL (as ours has only been devastating on paper so far).

Edited by Alphadawg7

Anybody see what the Rams did tonight? Yeah, they're gonna be a tough team all season. They're just as good as any of the medicore teams. It is in Buffalo so the Bills should have the advantage there, but its not an easy W by any stretch.

I'll get to that prediction THAT week.

Sam Bradford will probably be injured as usual by that time. Who knows.