San Francisco is weird... "Spare the Air Day?" No bags in stor

Fezmid

If you are out on Market Street (the main drag where the Muni trolleys and the BART are) at about 8:30 AM you can see the store owners washing off the urine off the sidewalk. Recently The MUNI and BART systems admitted that the reason many of the escalators to the stations (they share them there) were out of service because the mechanics were jammed with human feces. The escalators aren't gated off at night,the gates are past the escalators. This happens even though there are public toilets that only cost a quarter and are automatically cleaned between uses.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally picturing you by the grill with a beer in hand, manical laughter while flipping burgers, and SWAT is converging from all sides.

SWAT teams love beer and probably asking Jim cook their steaks medium rare on inside and well done on edges.

Chef I'm completely w/you on all your points. I spend as much time as I can possibly afford in Hawaii . There isn't a day that goes by where you don't see "walmart" bags literally flying around. The big issue out there is that the native sea turtles natural meal is jelly fish and a floating "walmart" bag looks like a jelly fish to a sea turtle.

They need to find a way to farm jelly fish and make bags out of them :)

Yeah, I was rather surprised at how dirty the city was. I mean it wasn't a complete dump or anything, but it wasn't as nice as I pictured it would be.

Most people on their fist visit are surprised as well. The crazy thing is there are some alleys that are kept so clean you can almost eat off the sidewalk. But that's due to the store, shop, restaurant owners in those alleys that keep it clean themselves.